Check this out... Master Chris Chan

WWWW.http://USwingchun.com

old jong Guest

NOOOOOO!!!!

Not "the" secret techniques!!!!!Somebody have to stop him! :D

C'est la vie!

Wei Sui Guest

"Secret internal wing chun technique taught by Yip Man..."

Ummmm, no disrespect, but can someone enlighten me on this?

I hate these types of claims...anything with "secret" in it is just marketing, IMHO.

:)

Dai yut tow dai :)

S.Teebas Guest
    lol... go old jong!

JasBourne Guest

'secret' internal techniques

what is this fool babbling about. There are no 'secret internal techniques', the whole freaking system is internal. It's only external if your are doing it incorrectly. Like any clean, simple idea, it takes hard work to master because our minds are so cluttered. That's what the forms are for, to train you so that all your power, speed and accuracy comes from the inside. Forms and sparring are not fighting techniques, they are training aids. "No mind", that's the goal.

This pretty much sums up this guy's approach to Wing Chun :"Sifu Chris Chan heads all classes and teaches the true definition of the Wing Chun art form....At our academy we teach anybody who is interesting in becoming the most powerful person in the world". Oh, cool. :rolleyes:

Pardon me. I just have a bug up my caboose around people who claim 'secret techniques' and 'true ways'. That's the surest indicator that they really don't get Wing Chun. It's a conceptual system with personal expression, not a choreographed style.

peace,
    Jas

Big Vern Guest

not the mighty chris chan again!

chris chan, the man behind the myth rears his formidable presence once more. promoted once again by his sycophant "handsome". chris must know the secrets to the great goblet because he says so, and that is enough for me. i heard that he destroyed a whole town with the aftershock of just one of his punches. he the man!!!

wujidude Guest

Jas I think I'm in love with you

. . . or at least your expressions. "Bug up my caboose" . . . is that copyrighted?

Very nicely put, about the reason for practicing forms and sparring, and how the art is "external" only if it's not being practiced correctly. The more I practice, the more I think you're right about that (internal v. external).

Highlander Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are no 'secret internal techniques'[/quote]

Sure....and next you'll be saying 'there is no secret hand shake'.

Watchman Guest
    "For the first time in history, Sifu Chris Chan and his senior students will publicly demonstrate the ENTIRE Wing Chun kung fu system."

I wonder how long that's going to take. Secret techniques revealed in 12 to 15 minutes? :confused: :D

Watchman &reg;

remo Guest

supper for two

Laugh if you want, I'm booking a flight.

Reservation for two please, at the Far East Cafe.

I'll take the private mahagany paneled room, and start with an appetizer. Duck or beef? I can't make up my mind...

origenx Guest
    handsome - that website didnt work - can u check & repost it please?

Chum Kil Guest
    C'mon people are you telling me that you could not learn something new from his demo or from him personally? Not any secret technique, but something. All WC/VT/WT have something to offer. Sometimes I read some of the stupides posts. No other WC/VT/WT is better than another. It's what suits you and what you do with it.

John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.

Watchman Guest
    >>>C'mon people are you telling me that you could not learn something new from his demo or from him personally?<<<

I'm sure you can. The part we're findinig questionable/funny is the hype over "secret techniques". It's the marketing package we're discussing, not what Sifu Chan may actually be teaching.

>>>Sometimes I read some of the stupides posts.<<<

It's nice to know I've got fans. :D

Watchman &reg;

JasBourne Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> are you telling me that you could not learn something new from his demo or from him personally? [/quote]

Yip Man taught many students. Some students were skilled. Some of them opened their own schools and taught their expression of the concepts Yip Man taught. Other students were not skilled. Some of them likewise opened schools. That does not mean that they are good Wing Chun practicioners, or that they understand the concepts. All it means is they went to Yip Man's class.

This fellow is saying things like "teaches the true definition of the Wing Chun art form", when the concept states that there is no 'true definition', there is only personal expression of the concept. He says he will be "revealing the secret internal power techniques of the Wing Chun system taught to him by the late Grandmaster Yip Man". There are no such secrets. The system itself trains for that internalization of power. Nothing secret about it.

"For the first time in history, Sifu Chris Chan (direct disciple of the late Grandmaster Yip Man) and his senior students will publicly demonstrate the ENTIRE Wing Chun kung fu system." So everyone else in the world has no clue about the ENTIRE system, eh? The ENTIRE system comprises 3 open hand forms, 1 dummy form, chi sao sparring, and two weapons forms. The secret is doing all of these correctly with focused forward intention for a LONG time.

Can I learn anything from this guy? Quite frankly, it's going to take a much more open mind than I seem to possess. I would be much more receptive to his personal expression of Wing Chun if he didn't wrap it in "I am the Great and Powerful Oz!" hype.

Chum Kil Guest
    I know what you are saying. I've read his website. He did catch your attention and probably alot of people that have no idea what wing chun is all about thats probably his intention. Until I meet someone in person I try to keep my judgements to myself.

Yes, Yip Man did teach a few people, who is to say Sifu Chan is not good. With all the bull****/politics going around in the WC/VT/WT world it's a wonder who is good and who is not.

John

Have little and gain;
    Have much and be confused.