Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu and the UFC, which is more reality based?

Re: I didn't say imagine

Originally posted by reemul
    I said do it.

Don't twist words.

Well, application is all you believe in, and you don't wish to believe my experience so I'm providing you with a way to experience it on your own. Nothing to be scared of.

You know, if you lay down on the ground and let your "training partner" stick his big toe into your eye socket, I'll bet he could really do some damage.

I hereby declare the Big-Toe-Eye-Gouge-Attack to be the single deadliest, fight-stopping, oksoIcan'treallydothis technique in the world. You know, all the bruce-types in Chinatown used to rely on this technique "back in the day"*

*"Back in the day" is a registered trademark of Unspecified Points of Time in the Past Co. Inc. and may not be reproduced without written permission. "Back in the day" may actually refer to things that never happened but would be pretty cool if they did.

Acknowledgement

You know, if you lay down on the ground and let your "training partner" stick his big toe into your eye socket, I'll bet he could really do some damage.
    Yeah, but you have never done it so how do you know it would do damage?
    By your statement I take it you acknowledge the body has weaknesses and therefore can be damaged by means other that punches kicks and holds.
    positional dominance? sure it matters.
    Now that you have acknowledged that the body has weaknesses and that techniques have been devised to exploit those weaknesses, as in your big-toe-eye-gouge technique, the only matter of difference becomes how we get into "position of dominance" to exploit such techniques, not the techniques themselves. Big change here.

Re: Acknowledgement

Yeah, but you have never done it so how do you know it would do damage?

hahahahahahahahahaaahahaha!

Right.

Re: Acknowledgement

Now that you have acknowledged that the body has weaknesses and that techniques have been devised to exploit those weaknesses, as in your big-toe-eye-gouge technique, the only matter of difference becomes how we get into "position of dominance" to exploit such techniques, not the techniques themselves. Big change here.

hahhahaaahahaa

So you are forced to admit that my big-toe technique is as valid as any of your theoretical techniques. Thank you.

You may refer to me as 'Sifu' starting now.

Cant deny biology

I acknowledge biology and accept that if you jam you toe in someones eye it will do damage.

if your able to carry it out is a matter of fighting skill.

My argument has been that there are many techniques banned in tournaments that are not difficult to execute that can do permanent damage and are banned not because they are as you say useless and dont work, but to protect fighters. Why CMA don't participate in UFC or other Tourneys is a matter varried principle. Not everyone wants or desires to be the UFC champ.
    Last edited by reemul; 08-04-2004 at 07:51 AM.

Re: Cant deny biology

I acknowledge biology and accept that if you jam you toe in someones eye it will do damage.

hahahahaaaa

It is too funny that you are forced to acknowledge my 'deadly technique' as every bit as reasonable as your bs!

Re: Cant deny biology

Why CMA don't participate in UFC or other Tourneys is a matter varried principle. Not everyone wants or desires to be the UFC champ.

Well, isn't that convenient?

Your the fool

It is too funny that you are forced to acknowledge my 'deadly technique' as every bit as reasonable as your bs!

All this time you have been arguing that such techniques don't work and now by your own admission you acknowledge they do work. Even though you jest with your regard to your technique, you do however acknowledge that damage can be achieved in this manner. "I'll bet he could really do some damage."

As said before the only disparity is how you gain position or advantage to carry it out, not the techniques themselves. The topic was based on techniques not fighting strategy or skill.

I have remained resolute in my position your the one who just switched sides.
    Last edited by reemul; 08-04-2004 at 09:09 AM.

Just common sense

Well, isn't that convenient?
    Not so much convenient, just a matter of common sense.

How is you progression to being UFC or NHB champ coming?

You can't be this stupid

All this time you have been arguing that such techniques don't work and now by your own admission you acknowledge they do work.
    Really? Or is the point that we only know about the likelihood of my BTT as much as we do your imagninary techs, which is to say not at all. I wouldn't rely on my BTT in a pinch any more than you should rely on your imaginary techs, 'cause the fact is niether of us has ever used, seen, or practiced either. The difference is, I realize the BTT is ridiculous and you can't see that your imaginary techs are as well.

Re: Your the fool

I have remained resolute in my position.

Oh, I know

Re: Just common sense

How is you progression to being UFC or NHB champ coming?

Not so well.

You ship continues to sink

Or is the point that we only know about the likelihood of my BTT as much as we do your imagninary techs, which is to say not at all.
    The likely hood of techniques is low because of two things TCMA practioners not participating in such events and the ban on the techniques. Otherwise the likelyhood of such techniques is dependent on the fighters skill.
    The difference is, I realize the BTT is ridiculous and you can't see that your imaginary techs are as well.
    You don't know what I study, how I study, or how I condition.
    Speaking on something you know nothing about is ignorant, and for what ever reason you refuse to believe the techniques that I have used with success do indeed work by creating excuses that because I train with friends, that somehow invalidates the application.

Not so well.
    Is it your goal to be champ?
    Last edited by reemul; 08-04-2004 at 10:27 AM.

Re: You ship continues to sink

The likely hood of techniques is low because of two things TCMA practioners not participating in such events and the ban on the techniques. Otherwise the likelyhood of such techniques is dependent on the fighters skill.

So you imagine.

Re: You ship continues to sink

You don't know what I study, how I study, or how I condition.
    Speaking on something you know nothing about is ignorant, and for what ever reason you refuse to believe the techniques that I have used with success do indeed work
    You have been kind enough to tell me about your training, and about what you have never used.

Thanks.