Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu and the UFC, which is more reality based?

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    rear triangle choke come carteroid-flow block-hold........ common sense tells us that if we twist outwards ( as the aim of the tech suggests ) ,,,you can guarantee his or her head'll detatch from their spine
    are you referring to hadaka jime?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I don't know.....I learn so many languages and jazz I often forget and have to figure it out from language base than memory............some teachers didn't even use native terms at all ............hmmm.....working on some japanese language any day now

really .........just can't remember.....it doesn't sound familiar though.....you're talking ninjitsu but ha???.....can you use your own words and describe hadaka jime back to me???

is that right..........I only ask about registration because here in China there are so many adept players and notta one is registered............

Maybe you should be registered with a shrink!

Re: Not much to logic here

Originally posted by reemul
    I don't have to kill someone to know I can, not because of my training but because of who I am.

There aren't too many techniques that are deemed ' illegal' in vale tudo/nhb, enough stuff is allowed - but i think this is a mute point really, because the importance lies in how you test a technique.

If you repeatedly test a technique while under pressure, in a big scary ring when up against a large ugly guy, then chances are you will make that technique work in the street against a lesser opponement. It is closer to reality then a kwoon/dojo.

With illegal moves, you do not get to practice them against realistic targets and while under great pressure, which makes them less likely to work as planned in a chaotic street fight. The failure of unrealistic training has been a major problem in the army & police for many years - because good people instinctively did not want to blind someone or shoot them and were frozen by the possibility of what damage they could do.

The MMA guys might still lack specific SD training, but they always compete and always test out moves under full pressure - which clearly gives them, as a majority, an advantage.

I only ask about registration because here in China there are so many adept players and notta one is registered
    What do you mean registered? My rank is registered with national and international organizations.

Originally posted by Dark Knight
    My rank is registered with national and international organizations.
    Boy, you must really smell bad!

baichi

Originally posted by blooming Idiot
    I don't know.....I learn so many languages and jazz I often forget and have to figure it out from language base than memory............

You are full right up to the rim with bull****. Ain't room fer no mo'!

Ok

Your logic seems to be "how do we know a technique works if we don't practice it to its conclusion"

when grappling how do you know you can break an arm if your not breaking all of your peers arms in practice.

Brooklyn Monk:
    Like I said Shaolin temple is not the same as the shaolin systems prior to the PRC version. So I don't refer to them when I speak of Shaolin. So what ever you witness at Shaolin temple does not apply to Shaolin schools elswhere.

Re: Ok

Your logic seems to be "how do we know a technique works if we don't practice it to its conclusion"

That's a great argument, considering that you don't practice your techniques at all!

How would you know

You belief is making you look ignorant. Your making assumptions about a school and a system you have never been to. Your basing your assumption on other schools or systems.

If your going to quote me or anyone learn to quote all the relevant statements. Otherwise your just taking things out of context.

when grappling how do you know you can break an arm if your not breaking all of your peers arms in practice.
    Why don't you answer that.

You said so yourself

You belief is making you look ignorant. Your making assumptions about a school and a system you have never been to. Your basing your assumption on other schools or systems.

Assumptions?! That's all you got!
    Last edited by unkokusai; 08-02-2004 at 09:48 AM.

Nice try

"Your logic seems to be "how do we know a technique works if we don't practice it to its conclusion"
    when grappling how do you know you can break an arm if your not breaking all of your peers arms in practice."

Why don't you answer that.
    Ok. I don't practice breaking people's arms. I don't claim that as a special skill. I have, however, broken people's arms in actual confrontations. I don't assume that I can break someone's arm at will in any given situation, and I sure as hell don't offer it as an all-purpose hope/excuse.

How's that?
    Last edited by unkokusai; 08-02-2004 at 10:17 AM.

I don't know.....I learn so many languages and jazz I often forget and have to figure it out from language base than memory............some teachers didn't even use native terms at all ............hmmm.....working on some japanese language any day now

really .........just can't remember.....it doesn't sound familiar though.....you're talking ninjitsu but ha???.....can you use your own words and describe hadaka jime back to me???
    http://web1.vattnet.com/judo/katamewaza/hadakajime.html
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Re: Ok

once again, no. Like I said in my last post, I don't have to break an arm to know it will break. But, I do know that I can get myself into position to do so because I do it every day against a resisting opponent. I stop once I am in position. I know I have the tech because my opponent taps. I can still do it with pressure and not break it. you can't do that with the techniques we've been discussing.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter