Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone Animal for thereChineese Horoscope

Thumbs up

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

and here we go again with the trolling ......

I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, so for those that don't understand, call it whatever you like and Bl's just going to agree with you and give you a jelly bean ....... and if you're real good a golden star.

let it go ha

Blewme:
    "I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, "

I thought you were desperate to leave the country? What are you going to theach them-how to mangle the English language? When are you going to 'zen on' raising your own child?

I'm pretty sure I'm a dog (1970), but not sure what element. Can anyone here advise?

I used to think being a dog was a**, but I'm starting to believe/tell myself that it's not so bad. I mean, dogs are loyal, right? Protective, intelligent, understanding.

--but they also slobber, bark, p*** on the street, so I'm still not completely convinced.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

tug the dog

Your element is metal - see here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

By birth: Wood, Dragon. 1964

If life begins at conception: Water, Hare. 1963

Fighting on the Internet and competing in the Special Olympics have a lot in common. They are both exclusively for the Retarded. Anon

Among the many proud moments of my life was having my discipleship posted on Mantis Cave and one of the funniest was when I saw how they mis-spelled it. Moi

Re: and here we go again with the trolling ......

Originally posted by blooming lotus

I can zen on it, and by the way, I just picked up my own contract to teach kindergarten in Taiyuan, so for those that don't understand, call it whatever you like and Bl's just going to agree with you and give you a jelly bean ....... and if you're real good a golden star.

let it go ha
    Meditate on what? You were wrong. I corrected you. Again.

Just accept it and say thank you.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Thumbs up

Wow, thanks Mr. Ching!

(a metal dog...what can I do with that?)

Ok, so metal like a transformer dog, or just a statue like thing?

(gonna have to figure that out myself and get back to you)
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

I should note...

...there is a small amount of error built into finding out your Chinese horoscope. The Chinese lunar year does not map directly upon our gregorian calendar, which is why Chinese new year is celebrated sometime in January or February. So, if you're born early in the year, you may actually be the sign in the previous year. I can look that up if any of you are uncertain.

Tug: FYI, some people will also translate metal as gold, so you can think of yourself as a gold dog, if you like.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Water Dragon - Jan. 1953
    South Paw

Re: I should note...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    ...there is a small amount of error built into finding out your Chinese horoscope. The Chinese lunar year does not map directly upon our gregorian calendar, which is why Chinese new year is celebrated sometime in January or February. So, if you're born early in the year, you may actually be the sign in the previous year. I can look that up if any of you are uncertain.

Tug: FYI, some people will also translate metal as gold, so you can think of yourself as a gold dog, if you like.
    My B-day is Dec 29 1972....does that change my sign from Water Rat (hopefully )?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I'm a Earth Chicken born on Day of Brown Dog in the Month of Black Chicken....

according to these people...

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/YourSign.htm
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

ah, okay. I looked at that website. I know I'm a Wood Rooster. Sounds sufficient to me.
    Not so! My reading follows: "You are Black Rat, born in the year of Green Chicken. The first character to DAY represents you. We can say you are a Water Rat, too."

They want to add any other rats to the chicken stew?

I'm one perplexed chicken,
    Cody

That site

I'm not sure how the colors figure in - I'm guessing that it's representative of the elements. FWIW, I can calculate for days like Feb. 30th, so it's based on some weird algorithm.

SP: Good example - 1953 shifts to snake on Feb 13.

MK: Sorry, it doesn't change from rat to ox until Feb. 3 1973. Rats are good though - 1st sign in the zodiac and for good reason.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yes, there was talk of elements. I thought that Wood Rooster would take care of that. lol shrug. thanks, Gene.

Cody