Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone Animal for thereChineese Horoscope

Re: Kung fu horoscopes

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I'm a dragon. What? Southerner's don't have horoscopes? Good for sticking to your guns, sevenstar.

BTW, you do all know that we do
    Chinese horoscopes specifically cast for martial artists. Even southerners
    "Snakes in 2004 - Wood Monkey: Perhaps doing things with such a straight forward attitude isn’t the best tactic. That approach might bring conflict, or even a legal action, when a peaceful solution is far more desirable. Don’t get trapped.
    Pros: Advanced study, writing and publishing.
    Cons: Nerve, bone and tendon injuries."

coincidentally (or not?) I had a strained meniscus this year from training.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Tiger: January 24, 1975

This Tiger is looking at 30 soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

what else................

Re: Re: Kung fu horoscopes

Originally posted by SevenStar
    "Snakes in 2004 - Wood Monkey: Perhaps doing things with such a straight forward attitude isn’t the best tactic. That approach might bring conflict, or even a legal action, when a peaceful solution is far more desirable. Don’t get trapped.
    Pros: Advanced study, writing and publishing.
    Cons: Nerve, bone and tendon injuries."

coincidentally (or not?) I had a strained meniscus this year from training.
    I sprained an mcl.

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. Just started learning Hung Gar (Taiwanese style). Into my 3rd month of training. I love it! Just to let everyone know, I'm a metal dog. Take care!

Feng Shui Master Wilson Sun

You know it's funny, when we first started working with master Sun, we didn't quite know what to do with him. He had a lot of knowledge, obviously, but Feng Shui and Kung Fu was a reach for many of our readers. He did an odd crystal article, which I wasn't too fond of. I worked with him to do a series on Feng Shui for the Kung Fu School, which was relevant I felt. It was all about the correct way to set up your kung fu studio, for good feng shui. That ran across our March, April, May and June issues of 2000. Of course, once we'd covered the 8 directions, we were done with that. Then we got him focused on doing horoscopes using the Chinese zodiac - something seldom seen in English, which is kinda funny when you think that every newspaper runs a western horoscope. It was novel, but at first he was always talking about romance or how you were going to have diarrhea all month. We emphasized more training and health issues. For me, it was a bit a of a quirky feature, because I'm pretty skeptical about feng shui, but fun to translate because I learned a lot about Chinese culture. Then he started to nail stuff. He called a shoulder injury I had two years ago in his predictions. The most uncanny was when he predicted the start of the war within a few hours several months before it occured (and that was on Chinese TV). Anyway, I'm still skeptical about feng shui, but I've grown to respect Master Sun over the years. I'd beleive him before I would beleive Minerva.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

some feng shui stuff is way to esoteric for me, but a lot of it makes sense inasmuch as it is directions for setting up space that is calming and embues positive attributes from your perceptions of your external surroundings.

It's like the difference between living in a dump and living in a clean and tidy house on the most simplistic level. Not having dead space, being form and function together and myriad other positives.

But in regard to warding off demons? Or building positive chi flow in inanimate objects... well, that's a stretch even for me.

But I might change my mind as I get older and experience more.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Re: Whats everyone Animal for thereChineese Horoscope

Originally posted by TheBlackDragons
    Mines the Dragon

wood cat / hare ....'75......

dammed dragons taking over the forum

no worries and remember, Dragons are the only animal that aren't real...

whoooshhhhh, he disappears...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

wood rat in '84 ....the most glamorous of all the Chineese horoscope animals

I was nearly going to say except for the wood cat, but I think you can just go ahead and take that title yourselves

fun with feng shui

Dragons are the only animal that aren't real
    speak for yourself, Kung! You know, I was chipping at Feng shui for a while, just when it was starting to get trendy. I figured I could hoodwink as many new-agers as the next feng shui master, and do it in English. Mostly I thought it was bunk - actually I still do - just a little ergonomic and interior design, justified by arcane symbology. Wilson Sun has changed my opinion on the whole field and I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.

So BL's a cat, eh? Should have figured. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.
    Beware the geomancers! They will mess with your chi flow.

Recently there was a big hubbub here in the T dot because of a visting Buddhist Feng Shui master. He was a monk as well.

Practically every Chinese person in teh city wanted time with the guy. He was a real big deal to the community.

Bagua mirror sales skyrocketed that day and the street merchants were all in the mahjong houses that night, all night.

the clacking of tiles and shouts of "Mah Jong!!" could be heard clear to Etobicoke.

It's all good and they really do know how to do interior design. Which for me is a really interesting aspect of it. Ancient interior designers.... hmmmm
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Re: fun with feng shui

Originally posted by GeneChing
    speak for yourself, Kung! You know, I was chipping at Feng shui for a while, just when it was starting to get trendy. I figured I could hoodwink as many new-agers as the next feng shui master, and do it in English. Mostly I thought it was bunk - actually I still do - just a little ergonomic and interior design, justified by arcane symbology. Wilson Sun has changed my opinion on the whole field and I now recognize that there are some genuine masters.

So BL's a cat, eh? Should have figured. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty.

plllrrrrrrrrr...........lol..just bear in mind .acat from another province is a hare.......hard to bag, hard to keep up with and almost as elusive as a dragon

earth horsie