if you train with light to medium contact in you technique training in san soo, you are training in the same manner as those that train in MMA, or should i say they are training in the same manner as us. At least that's how my teachers taught me how to train. You really learned how to take a hit with my teachers. No gloves or padding by the way. Just watch how they show the training sessions on Ultimate fighter.

As for my teachers and myself, hundreds of real life applications with literall full contact is what has convinced us.

But in reality you can't know unless you do it. Its like all these guys that say, "I don't know whats the deal with all these grapplers. I won't let them take me down. And if they do i'll just bite 'em." If you know a little on how to defend from one these guys, you are only helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
Every San Soo person I have ever talked to said they didn't train full contact because their stuff was to dangerous to train this way.

Is this the case with all San Soo, or do some San Soo schools train full contact?

If it is the former, then the effectivenss level will be nill across the board.