Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Wing Chun Dim Mak" & "Bil Jee"

JasBourne Guest
    "The other part is in hitting the right points in the right sequence following the guidelines of traditional chinese medicine and five element theory. "

Yeah, didn't you see Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, the bad guy goes *bip*bip*bip* and freezes up his attacker, then Chow Fat goes *bep*bep*bep* and unfreezes him ;)

Seriously though, it's good to be aware of major sensitive areas, and practice striking with precision. I'm not at a point in my study where I feel I can work on advanced things, heck, just getting my punches in at all is still challenging :D

--------------------------------------
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is. "
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

dave the dragon Guest

yet another question

i would be interested in aquiring some literiture on the 5 element theory when applied to the anatomy if any body knows any web sites that provide any.
    ona quest for knowledge so to speak!

Dave

EmptyCup Guest

on dim mak in wing chun

As far as I know Yip Man never taught any type of dim mak in wing chun. I'm not too sure about other Wing Chun lineages. That's not saying it never existed, but that he never taught it. Wing Chun is a style that lacks certain qualities other more traditional (and older) Chinese Martial Arts have, such as pressure point hitting, Chin Na and chi development.

It is true that many teachers say that dim mak techniques are hidden in biu tze but then again anything in any form can be adapted to fit with one's theories, such as hidden groundfighting techniques in forms and such

Many Wing Chun practioners now advocate chi development by concentrating on the dan tien in forms and such but that's just adding stuff in. Many systems such as Hung Gar's iron wire set and White Eyebrow are built on concepts of internal energy for fighting and pressure point hitting. There are styles that encompass such things which are an integral part of those systems and then there are styles which try to encompass those things later on...