Thread: Sifu Chung Kwok Chow

BeiKongHui Guest

Sifu Chung Kwok Chow

I may have an opportunity to train under Sifu Chow and I was wondering what to expect. If any one has worked with him what do you think his strongest points are? What do you think of his approach to Wing Chun? Etc.

Thanks

"Gong Sao Mo Gong Ching Sao"
    - When you talk with the hands,
    best not to speak of polite hands.

Sihing73 Guest

Worth a look

Hi,

I currently train with Sifu Chow and would definitely encourage you to give it a try.

Sifu is a very open minded person who is willing to put what he practices to the test. When I first met him he invited me to try anything I wanted and he was able to deal with me quite easily. He pointed out several of my "bad habits" and showed me how to fix them. He is constantly examining his approach and is willing to make modifications if he feels there is a better way. Yet, he still keeps true to the core principles of Wing Chun. He explores other methods and then "intergrates" them into his method of doing Wing Chun. Thus making them a part of his approach and complying with Wing Chun. If anyone can truly say they have "Wing Chun groundfighting" then he can :)
    He does not just talk about Wing Chun but puts it into practice and is willing to show you why he does what he does. He is very soft and his footwork is fluid.

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that only you can tell if his approach is right for you. I know that Sifu and I do not agree on everything ;) but I do respect his methods and reccommend him to anyone interested. I am usually in his Tuesday night class so feel free to drop by and say hello.

Peace,

Dave

Sedgimax Guest

Sifu Chow

I absolutly agree with Sihing regarding Sifu Chow.
    I have only been with WC and Sifu for the last 3 mons. so I am basing everything on my limited exposure and expierence. He teachs not for the money, power or any other reason other than the art itself. If you have the opportunity to learn from him, take it.

Sihing73 Guest

Introduce yourself

Hi Sedgimax,

I will be in class next Tuesday night, July 10th. Introduce yourself to me, okay?

Peace,

Dave

BeiKongHui Guest
    Thanks for the info guys. I really hope I am able to do this. Sifu Chow seems like an interesting man and I am sure I can learn a lot from him.

"To the extreme!"
    --Poochie

Sedgimax Guest

Sihing73

Will do. You cant miss me, tall, red hair and tats.

benny Guest
    a while ago i read an article on footwork from him and i found it to be very good. :)

Sihing73 Guest

Sedgimax

Hi,

I hate living in Philly. If the slightest thing goes wrong regarding transportation then everything is thrown off. I neglected to take into account construction on I-95 which resulted in my missing the train connection. No big deal, it is alearning experience. I have been able to identify an alternate route which bypasses much of the traffic and I was able to locate parking at the train station. So, I will be coming up this Friday and staying over into Saturday. I will also be up again next Tuesday.

Hope to see you soon. BTW, I do not have an email for you so please feel free to email me directly in order to allow us to converse more.

Peace,

Dave