Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Cops can demand ID, high court rules

Thumbs up

Originally posted by red5angel
    and Vash, stop trolling you bastich!!!!
    Good points, all
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I bet you have a name for every color of man and woman on the planet too dontcha?

A few? Red your a funny, funny guy. Implying I am racist classic material. You thow out the race card more then anyone I have ever seen. Interesting I wonder what is behind all of this? But hey when your white your right. Right Red?
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

no, I'm implying your a generalist, that you obviously assume that because of the behaviours of a few, that they all must be that way. Go ahead, go back and read your posts and tell me it ain't true.

Now you where not implyijng race with your statement about me having names for all the so called race colors. Sillyness Red just sillyness. You keep using the word Few I have giving you more then a few examples of this type of behavior. But like I said Red you cant argue with logic give it up and find another topic to defend. Its not true that I am generalist when I have examples that show acts liek these happening over and over again. I never said all cops where bad you implied I did. I said the system they use is bad and you reap what you sow. You sow corupt seeds you will reap corupt fuit Red simple. What are the seeds that these people and these laws are sowing Red?

YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

Loss of civil rights, police abuse, blah blah blah.

As the point has already been made, technically it can be argued it is a loss of a civil right and it can be argued that it isn't. Let's compare this to another popular law, seat belts!

Personally, I wear a seat belt everyday. Makes sense to me, I don't want to be ejected from the vehicle if my car does a cartwheel down I-40 at 70MPH+. Honestly, your STUPID if you don't wear one. Governmentally speaking, I feel violated everytime I sit down in my car with the understanding the State of Tennessee mandates I have to perform the action of putting on my seatbelt. I see it as the state government micromanaging and I would be equally offended if they passed a law stating that I had to use a coaster when I put a glass on my coffee table at home. You might argue that they can't pass a "coaster" law, but they can, they have other laws that mandate how you act in your own home, just think about it.

Back to IDs and vehicle searches. If you don't have anything to hide what's the big deal? Show them your ID, if your not breaking what do you have to worry about? If they abuse you that's what civil attorneys are for. I went through a liscense stop about 4 years ago, the local county sheriffs deputy asked if they could search the vehicle. I simply asked for a reason why they wanted to search it I was told, "because the dog spotted on the car". Well, they walked shep around it once and gave him a dog biscuit. The dog never spotted, friend of mine handles police dogs, I know how they operate. They were just using it as an excuse. At this point I knew, because I was 19 years old had three other friends in the car of roughly the same age, they were going to search the car no matter what. I told them go ahead, you won't find anything. They turned my *** upside down, left my spar tire unfastened down in the trunk, all of the stuff from my glove compartment out, anything that had been put in a place wasn't, etc. Found nothing. Excuse for not finding anything? When they had us empty our pockets one of the guys has an asthma enhailer, "The dog must have smelled that". B.S.

However, had I refused the search, refused to show ID, etc, MY life would have been even worse. I'd say I'd have had to have taken a ride down to the country jail, etc. It's not worth the extra BS. If you don't have anything to hide what's the problem with cooperating? So they screw you over and inconveince you? Have a night out with your friends, drink some beer and b**** about it, you'll feel better! Really, you will!

-Will
    Last edited by wdl; 06-24-2004 at 10:44 AM.

shen zhou, you have a few fukking examples, does that make your logic correct somehow? You go to a certain area of my town and you'll find a lot of violent angry black and mexican men, does that mean all black and mexican men are angry and violent?

I have a hard time believing you can't understand that. A few cases, no matter how real they are does not make a case for even the majority, especially not with our media. I could probably find you plenty of evidence that there are tons more good cops out there, people who serve and protect as they are meant too, I know several of them myself. Your too busy however, generalizing about ALL cops and how they ALL fail and how they ALL abuse their power. You know its a lame-a$$ argument and I know it's a lame a$$ argument so why don't we just try to get past that sort of idiocy right now shall we?

but you're right, every cop in the country, no wait the world, must be learning to hate and to take your rights away as we speak, it's one big conspiracy designed to put us all down.

"Back to IDs and vehicle searches. If you don't have anything to hide what's the big deal?"

exactly

For those who don't want thier vehicle searched: How many of you have a problem with kids smuggling drugs or guns? Cars are one of the most common ways to smuggle things like that. Searching cars being driven by individuals who fit the profile of said smuglers is the best way to catch them. It su(ks, I know. But until people stop buying these smuggled, very dangerous items it will have to be tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Question

They turned my *** upside down, left my spar tire unfastened down in the trunk, all of the stuff from my glove compartment out, anything that had been put in a place wasn't, etc. Found nothing. Excuse for not finding anything? When they had us empty our pockets one of the guys has an asthma enhailer, "The dog must have smelled that". B.S.

However, had I refused the search, refused to show ID, etc, MY life would have been even worse. I'd say I'd have had to have taken a ride down to the country jail, etc--wdl

(Is this protecting and serving?)

I said the system they use is bad and you reap what you sow.-SZ

-----------------------------------

As far as the seatbelt analogy, seatbelts serve the purpose of saving your life. Letting the cops know who you are doesn't serve that purpose--it's not the same thing. Besides, I don't want Big Brother knowing where I am anyway.
    - The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

Seat belt laws were established because insurance companies lobbied to have them established. They save millions of dollars every year in medical and lawsuit claims because of seat belt laws. In the end, and like most American laws, it was a monetary issue, not one of safety, public welfare, or personal rights.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

When they had us empty our pockets one of the guys has an asthma enhailer, "The dog must have smelled that". B.S.
    Actually, this makes a lot of sense.

Check out the chemical structures of epinephrine and Meth sometime. I think they use p-fed to train the dogs for Meth...they are all structurally similar.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Originally posted by Merryprankster

Actually, this makes a lot of sense.

Check out the chemical structures of epinephrine and Meth sometime. I think they use p-fed to train the dogs for Meth...they are all structurally similar.
    That is interesting. Still, alot of trouble for nothing. Made us late for the movie theater by about 30 minutes, etc. The inconveinence was monumental that day. I stayed PO'd for awhile. LOL

Shadowboxer: Not hardly. But my point still remains, your innocent until proven guilty. They couldn't find evidence of any wrong doing. Was I wronged by them? I think I was in regard to the condition they left my personal belongings in. I fit a profile that they look for, racial, age, or otherwise. The stats don't lie, I fit a profile that is suspect. I can't help that, they can't help that. Was the sheriff's deputy that conducted and lead the search professional about it? No, he was an @$$hole the entire time, looked at me like I had raped his kitten. What I know is that everytime they do a local liscense stop here randomly usually there is one vehicle pulled to the side getting searched. About half of that time you see a bottle of open and not totally consumed alcoholic beverage on the roof or some sort of drug paraphanaila. The system sucks, I don't like it as much as anyone else, but I put up with it.

There has been talk on this thread of the current federal government taking their rights. Most of them want to ditch the current government and get another one. Both extreme right wingers and extreme left wingers talk about ditching the federal government system as a whole and starting over again, usually based on "the way it used to be". I used to think it was a good idea. Now I don't. Why? Because people are TOO stupid. Think of the quagmire that would happen if the federal government was abolished and the arguement over how a new one would be formed? Last time somebody tried to just leave we had a 4 year civil war, so I guess that's not an option anymore. As screwed up as people are in the head anymore, I have arrived at the conclusion that any federal government that would be erected to replace the federal government we have now would be worse.

Thoughts?

-Will
    Last edited by wdl; 06-24-2004 at 02:31 PM.

I guess I don't see the point in reinventing the wheel. If we scrap what we have now, we will quickly end up just like Iraq is now. And when we finally get the new system up and running, it will probably look alot like the current one. Why go through all that heartache just get back to where we are now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Over time they make these little changes that invade on your privacy then eventually we have no privacy.--Rayfield

(Not picking on you wdl)...but I wonder if Red is going to rant about this generalization? :

What I know is that everytime they do a local liscense stop here randomly usually there is one vehicle pulled to the side getting searched. About half of that time you see a bottle of open and not totally consumed alcoholic beverage on the roof or some sort of drug paraphanaila.

---------------------

I am not for scraping the Government. I'm for our elected officials to always remember it's of the people by the people and for the people.

--------------------

(still not picking on wdl)

wdl says: "...your innocent until proven guilty."

Does everybody agree on this these days?
    Last edited by Shadowboxer; 06-24-2004 at 02:44 PM.
    - The essence of Kungfu is to accept change...

what's really ironic about all the whining is that nothing has really changed. what do you think would happen 10 days ago if you were to be pulled over or stopped by the police, they ask you for your ID and you refused? Do you really think they are just going to go "ok" and walk back to their car and drive away like "oh well, we couldn't nail him on anything cause he wouldn't give us his ID."
    LOL! cracks me up. Stop and think about it before you start railing against the tyrannies and the oppressions please.

Originally posted by Shadowboxer

I am not for scraping the Government. I'm for our elected officials to always remember it's of the people by the people and for the people.
    Yep. Something 90% of them know nothing about.

-Will