Thread: Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite

I was wondering if anyone has checked this movie out yet? It looks funny as hell! The quotes are fantastic!

"Napoleon, Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, We both know I'm training to become a cage fighter." -Kip Dynamite

Thats quote-worthy! So far everything I've seen on commercials is quote-worthy.

Here's the Site
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

If memory serves "Napoleon Dynamite" is a pseudonym occassionally used by Elvis Costello. Which is itself a pseudonym, since the dude was born Declan Macmanus.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

There's some numbchuks line too......

...I caught that on a preview - something like "chicks dig numbchuks" or something. It made me laugh - wish I caught the complete quote.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have to see this movie.

Can't wait till I do.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

Blog Entries
    Oh man, i just saw this movie! Hilarious!
    One of my favorite parts was the martial arts teacher/school.

sweet!
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

numbchuk skills

See our Jul Aug 2005 issue, coming on stands next week.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by yutyeesam
    Oh man, i just saw this movie! Hilarious!
    One of my favorite parts was the martial arts teacher/school.

sweet!
    there's a whole thred devoted to that school here.

It's pretty darn funny! I ran around the school quoting Rex for a few weeks after seeing it...but I have since graduated to lines from Starsky and Hutch...I haven't watched it for a while I have the DVD...I like how Kip tries the back sweep and Rex is like "OK that was pretty good"...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

I'm the Napoleon Dynamite master in my class. And people have told me they thought of me when they watched the movie. The movie is awesome.

Hold on, I forgot to put the crystals in.--Napoleon Dynamite

Ahkilleus--Great avatar
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong

Heck yes! I'd vote for you.

...you MUST pick up our new issue. Check out the cover story. I spent like three hours doing writing the intro. It's probably the best cover story I've ever done.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Bo knows Avatars

Bo- thanks your av is cool too..."You talkin' to me?"

LOL I call them "numchucks" apparently the real name is "nunchuks"...I've actually been practicing them lately and have found they are great for developing coordination and taking up room in my locker...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Gene--That was a good story. I enjoyed it a lot. I also like the stuff by Antonio Graceffo.

Akhilleus--Thanks. The Neverending Story rules. "Why don't you give that boy a good punch in the nose?"

Sorry to get derailed on another movie. Back to Napoleon Dynamite because,yeah, it's getting pretty serious. We chat online for about 2 hours everyday, so, yeah, it's getting pretty serious.
    "If you practice praying mantis, women will like you."--Shi Zheng-Zhong