Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Has any one seen Fahrenheit 9/11

OT: Has any one seen Fahrenheit 9/11

Man I cant wait to see this documentary. I loved Moores first one Bowling For Columbine. I have been reading the reviews online and man alot of people are hot as the devils a$$hole about this documentary. Any one seen it yet?
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

I'm going tonight.

Talking

"hot as the devil's A$$hole",,,,,ROFLMAO,,i havent heard that expression in a looooong time.

Farenheight 9-11 won a bunch of euro awards,,,,apparently Moore is not in it as much as he was in the last one,,,hehe they are figuring out that Moore is kind of slob lookin and they wanted to focus more on the other people rather than focus in on Moore.
    He still is the narrative genious of the film. I have plans to go see it saturday.

Okay this is where the conservatives chime in with " its all lies,,,that never happened,,,Moore is a commie pinko f@ggot".

Peace,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

spin, spin, spin.....

Yeah TWS its a Texas Thang!

I am going tonight already bought my ticket just in case they are sold out at the box office. I suggest you might want to see it tonight. I was reading the paper today and the President of AMC thethers said that if they have any protest they are pulling the movie. TWS I dont guess there will be any in Austin (the hippy captial of Texas) but in good Ol Cow Town we just might have one.
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    Okay this is where the conservatives chime in with " its all lies,,,that never happened,,,Moore is a commie pinko f@ggot".
    Naaaaa, they'll just falsify documents that link Moore to Al Queda, and we'll invade his condo. That place is floating on cooking oil!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

There are more conservatives here in austin than you might think.
    they have their place just as we tree huggin dirt munchin hippis do as well. This was Bush Jr's Home for a while when he was governor,,and not too far away is crawford.

but this town is pretty diverse and i think that we get along fairly well. i look at all sides of the issue that Moore will bring up in this new documentary,,,i just hope that in all of his jibes and beautifully executed slaps to the conservatives that the people who died in new york that day will be honored.

PEACE,,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I was reading the paper today and the President of AMC thethers said that if they have any protest they are pulling the movie
    I am very surprised by this...I would think the more controversy surrounding a movie, the more people would go to see said movie...I don't think closing shop due to a few soccer moms picketing makes good business sense...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

I just heard a news bit stating that the LOEWs theater chain was just Bought up by the Carlyle Group...

c o i n c i d e n c e?

i want to see it, but in a way i don't. i don't know **** about politics and have no desire to alter the fact.

while it sounds pretty interesting, it would be too easy for the guy to completely convince me of everything he believes. i'll have no knowledge to the contrary, so why wouldn't i believe him?
    where's my beer?

Originally posted by The Willow Sword
    Okay this is where the conservatives chime in with " its all lies,,,that never happened,,,"
    They'd only be going off of solidly established precident. It is specious to call ad hominem for being called called a liar when you've just finished lying.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Yes, they do.

Is that link at all related to the current discussion, or did you mean it to start a new discussion?

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    while it sounds pretty interesting, it would be too easy for the guy to completely convince me of everything he believes. i'll have no knowledge to the contrary, so why wouldn't i believe him?
    Actually, Moore stays out of it, for the most part. Watch it because it shows Bush unable to act for 7 minutes after he hears about the 2nd plane, because it shows how the Bin Ladens have invested 1.4 Billion in the Bush family businesses, how Bush covered up the fact that his room mate in the National Guard just happens to be the lawyer defending the Bin Laden family in the 9/11 Civil Suits, how Bush was practicing his "sad" facial expression in a mirror before going live for his big speech....

how Bush covered up the fact that his room mate in the National Guard just happens to be the lawyer defending the Bin Laden family in the 9/11 Civil Suits

just a small tip, only relevant topics please.