Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: OT: Has any one seen Fahrenheit 9/11

Architects of you...

Hahaha! I done told you idiots! You're getting took! Ya' done been hoodwinked, bamboozled! They've stolen your minds and souls. You can't even see the truth when it slaps you in the face. If half of what was in that movie is true, then the majority of us are dolts and weaklings and deserve everything bad that happens to the "base" of the pyramid.

Read very carefully and don't dismiss it this time. It is Novus Ordo Seclorum. It's the Bilderbergers, Illuminati, Freemasons, The Aga and Ali Khan, Trilateral Comission, The House of Saud and the rest of the eternal assassin, death cults. They would sacrifice most of you if they could to perpetuate their stupid hierarchy and money-making. You're all sheep and if you agree with the world's power structure, you're complicit.

They gonna sacrifice lives, lambs are gonna die, sheep are gonna fail. They can't be human or from this planet. If they are they are no different that any other sociopath. They have no consciences and should be erased. They won't be though. It will go on forever and ever, until they've finished ****tting where they eat (Terra Firma) and they jump to the next rock. They are cowards and hopefully, like that Iraqi chick said in the flick, Allah/God/Jehovah/Yaweh whatever you wanna call him, will strike them down and- my own addition- curse their offspring.

Who you gonna vote for this election year? I want the Saudi royal family to tell the world how to act, so I guess it doesn't matter who you pick. All parties involved are thieves for the oil bi-tches.

No wonder the world is the way it is. You people need to keep it going so that you will be next. It is also about survival of the fittest and population control, after all.

The entire poem which is part of my sig, goes:

"Verily and mayhaps the morrow beckons,
    Like Watchtower Beacons,
    And War does to Weapons..."

Had that **** up before 9-11...

Pax Egyptiana!!! (aka: No Justice, No Peace!!!)
    Last edited by 'MegaPoint; 06-29-2004 at 09:15 PM.
    The morrow beckons...

Originally posted by KC Elbows
    I just think that the part of that plan that would be the best thought out would be the post war scenario, not the invasion scenario...
    I think it was, just...

One of the things we're seeing now is that there were many groups who agreed on the war, but who disagreed completely on the post-war. Even within the Bush Administration, post-war plans run the gamut. The neoconservatives have long wanted permanent military occupation, for example.

Another thing we're seeing now is the consequences of a few bungles that occurred during the early phases of the war. A crucial element in the war plan was the direct involvement of various Iraqi cultural groups with the war effort which would segment directly into the post-war situation. Among the most important of these were the Kurdish elements in the north.

This plan was compromised at the beginning of the war: the plan was for American troops to land in Turkish ports and cross the northern border of Iraq to sync up with the Kurds. Turkey flip-flopped and revoked the use of their ports within days of the troops arriving (actually, they asked for a sum of money beyond what the Bush administration was willing to pay), and it would have taken two weeks for the troops to sync up with the Kurds using the next available port. This is a difficult decision, since that wait would effect timing of others factors in the plan, and ultimately it was decided to start the war as planned, but without that northern flank.

The flank was not needed in a military sense, so the war itself was not compromised. But the involvement of Iraqi cultural groups was, which means they are no longer positioned properly for the post-war situation - the effects of which we have been seeing.

Re: Architects of you...

Originally posted by 'MegaPoint
    It is Novus Ordo Seclorum. It's the Bilderbergers, Illuminati, Freemasons, The Aga and Ali Khan, Trilateral Comission, The House of Saud...
    You forgot the MJ-12, the Lizards, and Blavatsky's Ascended Masters.

Originally posted by ZIM
    Yeah- ppl forget that a stated aim for the war was "destabilisation"- we wanted to get Saddam out and break up the way things were headed.

WRT Terrorist hunting methods- I'm seeing the overall strategy as something akin to fishing with a drag net. There's bait [troop presence], concentration of the terrorists in one area [rather than spread across the globe acting with impunity] and the harvest.

Sure, there's other ways. In a sense, the war itself was the Texas fishing approach: Throw dynamite in the lake. Put more seriously & coldly: If you want to develop Intelligence quickly, start a war.
    Doesn't that option seriously hamper nation building by attracting war to the region we're trying to build? And won't the Iraqis piece together that that was part of our intention? And haven't they been told that the US is out to hurt them for years by their previous regime, even when the US wasn't bombing? And doesn't that all make more, not less, enemies, who can only hope to win win by guerilla action against a superior regular army, or by acting as locals supporting such action?

The two Americans that all Iraqis probably know the names of are George Bush. In a region of the world rife with royal lines and nepotism, won't they consider one the continuation of the other? Wouldn't this alienate the kurds that Christopher M was just talking about, and regardless of the reality of it, won't the present situation seem like a continuation of the previous George Bush's Kurdish debacle?

And isn't the key al queda enemy who actually ordered the decisive blow against the US on 9-11 most certainly NOT in Iraq? In fact, isn't he likely in a nation that is supposedly our ally?

I suppose I could see the case that we're trying to continue to draw our enemies to Iraq, but terrorists related to al queda have not been containing their conduct solely to Iraq up until now, and I suspect that terrorists do not, at this point, need to draw their forces from elsewhere endlessly when they can better recruit within the disputed territory. In addition, our supposed allies in the middle east seem to harbor the really important terrorists.

I just can't see the scenario in which the terrorists would need to mass to an extent that would provide us with anything more than a stalling manuever, unless they saw a chance for a decisive blow, and their best bet is to wait and force our military occupation to lengthen before they're even considering that, no?

Wouldn't they be better off letting the situation in Iraq remain at its present level, and instead focus on retaking the difficult to hold regions of Afghanistan that they have been taking and retaking for years? I'm sure the threat is still there.

This is my point. Right now, the thinking seems to be "think positive and our actions will succeed". There seems to be a disconnect between the reality of middle east-US relations and what they are assumed to be(moldable by US propaganda and short memoried) by the administration. There also seems to be a disconnect between what loyalty the administration thinks it has and what it actually has, as well as the already crumbling admin-press relations entirely caused by the administration's total fumbling of the media.

It just seems to me it's already a longshot plan, and having a child of entitlement in the oval office whose family is inextricably tied to the causes of these problems(in the US sense), matched with a VP who comes off as an oil Baron, places our men at more risk than anything the press or liberals could do. Oil barons and Bushes risk our men directly by stealing the war of any sense of legitimacy. We can talk all day about Kerry being no good, but anyone other than Bush would simply be the president, Bush is George Bush, with all the conflicts of interest that entails in middle eastern affairs.

We can't change the military situation with much ease, but the political one is easily changed. One might not agree with Michael Moore's approach to enacting that change, but Bush himself has made more than ample use of media soundbites made up of hyperbole and half truths without conservatives getting all up in arms, why should they about Moore's comments?
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

Originally posted by KC Elbows
    Wouldn't this alienate the kurds that Christopher M was just talking about, and regardless of the reality of it, won't the present situation seem like a continuation of the previous George Bush's Kurdish debacle?
    Insofar as they credit America's intervention under Bush Sr. as the factor which permitted Kurdistan autonomy, I think they were actually relatively favorable towards it. Here are parts of a letter to Bush Jr. from the Kurdistan Regional Government: "America has no better friend than the people of Iraqi Kurdistan... The people of Kurdistan continue to embrace American values, to welcome US troops, and to support your program for the liberation of Iraq."

Rather than being tarnished by a bad reputation, Bush Jr. seems to be ruining what was a relatively good reputation. There are well-founded fears among Kurds that the post-Hussein Iraqi government will lead to large steps backwards for Kurdistan. The same letter addresses this. In addition to the bungle I described above, there are broader issues here concerning American relations with Turkey and non-Kurdish Iraq, neither of whom are happy about the idea of Kurdish autonomy.

Thumbs up

KC Elbows has completely nailed the correct in this thread, dead center.

Yahoo

To whom it may concern,

So, great..... Now we priveledged few that can sit here with our lives and A/C in the states, with all of our knowledge of the corrupt powerhouses that are..... What can we do? What will you do to help end such a thing? Continue to fuel the machine..... Tax dollars tax dollars...... Where do you draw the line?

Thanks Chris, I stand corrected. Interesting letter.

[frantically begins searching for more info on the issue of kurdish autonomy]

Originally posted by Christopher M
    Insofar as they credit America's intervention under Bush Sr. as the factor which permitted Kurdistan autonomy
    They probably also credit American (Bush/Reagan) support for Hussein prior to 1990 (invasion of Kuwait) as a factor which permitted Baathist atrocities in Kurdistan (like Hallabja).
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Anything's possible. I find it most reasonable to take their word on how they feel, which doesn't support that thesis. Following this strategy, the main problem they seem to have with Bush Sr. concerns his lack of support during the 1991 uprisings.

saddam Kong!!

shen zou- Saddam as quite proud of his monetary support for the palestinian "resistance" . It wasn't a big secret he gave money to the families, though I doubt he really cared that much, more of a politcal move. Maybe you could "disprove" it, but he'd happily take credit for it even if he didn't.

We supported hussein against the Ayatollah khomenei. Saddam wore western clothes and wasn't a militant muslim. Obviously it turned out he was just as bad. of all the jihad rhetoric I've read like at Memri.org Khomenei's is the most demented. Supporting Hussein wasn't such a bad idea.

Plus, we didn't supply them with their fascist ideologies. Same as al queda. People say we created them because we supported them against russia. We buy oil from Canada too, they don't blow themsleves up. Their problem is their crazy leaders some of whom are billionares. Yassir arafat is worth 300 billion. The Saudis have made TRILLIONS of oil.

the US= good, though often startlingly inept
    dictators= bad.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu