Thread: on the lighter side...

on the lighter side...

Ok... here's a kids sparring vid that some might find entertaining.

http://www.geocities.com/northernman...s_sparring.zip

or

http://www.geocities.com/northernmantis

[EDIT... sorry if you have problems to download this vid... it's on a free geocities site which has a 4MB/hr download limit. The vid may not be available if you try to download within an hour of the person prior to you.]

This was taken last weekend, and it's my first attempt at using Microsoft Movie Maker. The program was set to autogenerate a movie of sports highlights from about 10 minutes of footage. (Most of the crying and shoe tying was deleted )

Right-click the 1st link and save the zip archive. Or go to the 2nd link and get the file from that page. Inside is a Windows wmv file. You might need the current Windows Media Player 9 to view the movie.

These kids(8 and 10 years old) have just started sparring this year. Between baseball practice and other activities, they have maybe 4 months of weekend practice at sparring. Prior to that, they have been training applications drills, forms, and hitting a punching bag.

In this clip, hopefully you can see some things that they have been working on.... gauging distance, testing the opponent, closing in on the opponent, using combinations, jumping chang tui, roundhouse kick, one step three punches, fung tung chui, uppercut, steal heart punch, pek chui.

If there's any interest, I can can try to post individual sequences that might show more clearly the sparring action.

regards,
    N.
    Last edited by -N-; 06-26-2004 at 04:12 PM.

Smile Hi Norman,

I can't download it. Something about server error. Is there something else I could try. Thanks

Thanks for sharing.

Warm regards

Robert
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

I couldn't get it to download

sorry for the error.. let me see if I can track it down.. I was able to download earlier.. but I may have to put a link on the index page instead.... grrr...

N.

Ok, this sucks...

I think the problem is that the 3GB download limit works out to about 4MB *per hour* for the free Geocities web sites.

The vid is about 3MB in size... so basically there can be one download per hour. If the video is not available, the tranfer limit has been reached, and you'd have to try again later. I'm sorry, guys.

If there is anyone willing to host this vid for me, I would really appreciate it!

thanks,
    N.

:)

Lighter side indeed! Great clip! It was good to see youngsters getting a go at it & giving their all! Thanks for posting!
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

BTL,

Glad you liked the clip.

I'm going through the original footage, trying to extract clips of the individual sparring sequences. Hopefully I can post those also.

N.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    -N-

if you want to send it to me I'd be happy to host it.

I can just add a separate page onto my website for it.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"