Thread: Best Edition of I-Ching Book?

Best Edition of I-Ching Book?

I've been told by many people to read this book. What is the most popular or best edition? Thanks

Dr Yang jwing mings book titled " The Muscle/Tendon changing Marrow /brainwashing classics" is, in my opinion, the best book to get on the subject,,very informative.

PEACE,,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

There can be only one!

I'm sorry but please ignore everyone that tells you to get the Richard Wilhelm version aswith most of his translations of Chinese text they are prettybogus.

If you want something that has has a more than decent and accurate translation I would have toreccomend Thomas Clearywithout a singular doubt, please dom't be suckered into the Wilhelm books they are poor translations based upon ancient mid-european Christian thinking more so than Taoism.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

gee repulsive monkey, could you try to be more bias and subjective next time?

wilhelms book is just a translation of the chinese for pete's sake, I have no idea where you are drawing the supposition that it is based on christian thinking of any era, it's a translation.

Having said that, I have both. I prefer neither and as far as understanding Kungfu through them, good luck, now you are in the realm of the highly esoteric and you will likely gleen no understanding of what you may think kungfu is from them.

In other words, whoever told you that you "must" read them is talking out of their @ss. lol

anyway, take your pick, get more than one if you want but keep in mind that fundamentally they will not aidf and assist you in any kungfu practice you may be doing. INstead they will only help you to see a little about confucian thinking and how it applies to chinese belief structures on some levels.

and just for the record, the books isn't really just a novel you pick up and read. It is a tool that is used. You'll get that when you get your hands on a copy.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek

It's just my opinion thats all. However I know of many people some very eminent, who wouldn't go near a Whihelm book if they had too. Yes it is just a translation, but surely to get a good chance of undertsanding the Chinese to English text is by getting the best work and Wihelms seems to be popular but is in fact quite crud.

The christianity thing is that he was a devout Christian and it was said of his translations that he tried to steer literal translations away from their root faith i.e. Taoism
    His translations were quite loaded in that fact and were never untouched translations thats all.

Thomas Cleary does do some very errudite work with Asian texts, and is by no means peerless, but an alternative suggestion.

Thats all, don't get your knickers in a twist.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith