Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horse and leg strength.

Question Horse and leg strength.

I've recently started doing a lot more horse and other painfully low and slow/static stances. From I thought about fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscle fibre, this should not increase my overall leg-strength... BUT I seem to be noticing a big difference in for example running up the stairs, and kicking. Why should this be? I don't eat shredded wheat, and as far as I know I wasn't completely mr-puny-can't-run-up-the-stairs couch potato beforehand either!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Don't worry About it....

This is perfectly normal as you're in the stage between the old strength and the new strength taking over. I used to feel it when i began doing mabu for extended periods of time but now at 24 minutes, its all good .

It should subside soon after a couple of weeks as its the old muscles being torn down and built up by even stronger muscles (feel free to correct me anyone if im talking BS again )

Peace
    It's evident, my potential be infinite- The RZA

Re: Don't worry About it....

Originally posted by One Finger Zen
    It should subside soon after a couple of weeks as its the old muscles being torn down and built up by even stronger muscles
    wtf do they teach in kf schools?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Stance training has the same effect for me.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

I run 4 days a week and bike two. The rides are 2 hours long and the runs are 3 to 5 miles. (my job allows me to workout during the day)

When I first started running I noticed my front leg sweeps were alot more effective. They went from disrupting their balance to taking them down.

Kicks became more powerful, faster and more effective. My speed overall improved, especially in sparring, I can cover distance faster, and my movement is smoother.

Mat, were you trained before? Weight-trained? Or just wussy WC-trained in high stances (I train WC too). How long are the stairs? How long are you kicking for? What difference is there to your kicking (you feel you're kicking harder?)?
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

I go quite heavy on varied squats and other thigh, butt, stance training myself and at school and in my apartment building we have bulk stairs to deal with many times a day...........just don't forget your stretches, as varied as possible ( no matter how breif) and work through it regardless........you're probably feeling the difference because by doing this your hitting alot more of the smaller antagonists and supportive muscles and tendons etc than you previously were.............crazy how these things work...................

What grammar school did you go to where they teach people that having 9 "." is the proper ending to a sentence.

^
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Well, not exactly torn down....

...but you know what i mean doncha?
    Ironfist, I put that into words a bit stupidly. But the pain is the muscles being rebuilt right? Please correct me if i'm wrong...

OFZ
    It's evident, my potential be infinite- The RZA

I've read all the arguments about strength training and stance training, and how it doesn't really work too well, but since starting our neigung, which involves some pretty serious stance training, my leg strength has definitely (and continues to, after doing it for 6 months) improve.

*shrug*

I know, I'm a miracle of medical science.

grammar..very m.freakin funny boys...believe it not, it's my forte..I'm very well spoken you know

anyway...I believe the "pain" or slog comes from metabloisation and lactation.it's all about you sugars, ( which allcomplex carbs end up being), your proteined portion compliment and timing of workouts..for high performance you've gotta be constient, gotta have a routine, a cycle and know what your body needs , when you're goinmg to provide it and exactly how much of it your providing and how you'redealing with the "un-useable".........otherwise , just consider yourself a b-grader and be done with it...............

a -class performance requires a-classvigilance.........end 'o story.......

Ps.don't always believe what you read...text book accounts are often jus a lil of the mark.....

pps.if you're not eating wheat.check your sugars and like............

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    grammar..very m.freakin funny boys...believe it not, it's my forte..I'm very well spoken you know

anyway...I believe the "pain" or slog comes from metabloisation and lactation.it's all about you sugars, ( which allcomplex carbs end up being), your proteined portion compliment and timing of workouts..for high performance you've gotta be constient, gotta have a routine, a cycle and know what your body needs , when you're goinmg to provide it and exactly how much of it your providing and how you'redealing with the "un-useable".........otherwise , just consider yourself a b-grader and be done with it...............

a -class performance requires a-classvigilance.........end 'o story.......

Ps.don't always believe what you read...text book accounts are often jus a lil of the mark.....

pps.if you're not eating wheat.check your sugars and like............
    Wrong in every way.

Naturally, we should all ignore the text books with their scientifically proven and verifiable data and instead all believe the wondrous Eyebrows Genius for what she says is truth.

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

you know it's times like this I wish I could read your post.........

missin me ha???..........

don't worry, have a show doqwn in 10 wks but after I clean up , maybe I 'll zip down sydney and we can do coffee and a chat

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    you know it's times like this I wish I could read your post.........

missin me ha???..........

don't worry, have a show doqwn in 10 wks but after I clean up , maybe I 'll zip down sydney and we can do coffee and a chat
    WHy am I replying to this based on the assumption that you can't read it? Ah well, in case your genius IQ ever helps you to fogure out how to switch off the Ignore function that you claim to have on, you'll see it then.

Coffee and a chat, eh? I'll be there for that. How about a friendly spar while we're at it? Gong sau?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching