Thread: Muay Thai Conditioning

Muay Thai Conditioning

How is shin conditioning done in Muay Thai schools in terms of recuperation? Are any liniments used afterwards or any other methods to treat the shin area?

Is Dit Da Jow, in Chinese arts, used mostly to increase the rate at which the shin heals itself or does it have any significant long-term effects?
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

I've trained at pretty traditional Muay Thai school, and we never used anything.

I think I started a thread about this in the main forum called something like "shin conditioning science" or something. Search for posts by me for "shin" and you'll find it.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thanks, IronFist.
    "Extra inch, extra power." -Tarm Sarm

TheBlackDragons Guest

KIck banana trees

Kick banana trees

There soft

I have always wanted to save up money and spend time in thailand and learn from a thai champ

the training is very cheap per hr

I think banana trees are only in Thailand. At any rate, they're not in America.

And for any lurkers reading this, DON'T KICK TREES!!!!!!! Banana trees have a soft rubbery kind of bark so it's not so bad if you kick it. Kicking a hard tree (like in the movie Kickboxer) will just injure you. Keep the kicking to bags and pads.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Dunno. The Kru I trained with never kicked banana trees in thailand. He's trained and fought in Thailand and holds a world championship from one of the sanctioning bodies over here. He's the only certified teacher in sport and traditional Muay Thai in the US from Sityodtong Academy which speaks for itself. If you're not familiar with Muay Thai in Thailand, then Sityodtong is considered the best camp in the country. Kru yodtong has even been reconized for this fact from the Thai Kingdom. Do a google search on 'em.

I'm taking a training holiday in Thailand this year - booked the flights today can't wait!! I'll be spending a month in Koh Samui, a bit touristy maybe but I don't mind a bit of comfort. It's gonna be my first time flying and I'll be going alone!!
    ________
    Drug test
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Originally posted by IronFist
    I think banana trees are only in Thailand. At any rate, they're not in America.
    Pretty sure they'd be in Florida and maybe SoCal. They're definitely in pretty much every tropical and sub-tropical region in the world. They grow lots of them in Oz. They even grow around here where I live, and that's a temperate (Mediterranean) climate. What about the Day-O song? You can't tell me that's a Thai song .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo