Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lap Fu Wai Ying 造虎为形

Lap Fu Wai Ying 造虎为形

Tell me what you guys think of this statement "Lap Fu Wai Ying"?

If you could share, could you share some info on how you or your
    school learns, practices etc... "creating the shape of the Tiger"? And, what that means to you personally?

Oh, this would probably be for Tiger stylists ect...

Thanks
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

Smile

I would say it's "using the tiger (spirit, attributes, strategies, etc...) as form". In other words, giving shape that of a tiger to a martial art.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

"Lap Fu Wai Ying"?

Is Bak Mei or Shaolin Tiger kung fu?

"Only Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Futshan Bak Mei through Sigung Lao Xiu Luang of Foshan China."

Go Jun Long,

Have you heard of Eddie Chong?

Eddie Chong is also a disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Futshan Bak Mei in America.

Originally posted by Rhat
    "Lap Fu Wai Ying"?

Is Bak Mei or Shaolin Tiger kung fu?

"Only Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Futshan Bak Mei through Sigung Lao Xiu Luang of Foshan China."

Go Jun Long,

Have you heard of Eddie Chong?

Eddie Chong is also a disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Futshan Bak Mei in America.
    Well I only know it is used in Bak Mei and not sure about other systems.

He is not a Disciple of Sifu only a past student.

Thank you for your thoughts on the subject. So how do you, or do you, practice and utilize Lap Fu Wai Ying?
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!

Rhat registers the same day as Go Jun Long decides to troll in the WC forum and keeps on posting only in threads initiated by Go Jun Long.... Hmmm... A pattern....

Ergo: Rhat = Go Jun Long

So much for this monologue & self propaganda.

say what!?
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Originally posted by Buddha_Fist
    Rhat registers the same day as Go Jun Long decides to troll in the WC forum and keeps on posting only in threads initiated by Go Jun Long.... Hmmm... A pattern....

Ergo: Rhat = Go Jun Long

So much for this monologue & self propaganda.

Buddha_Fist,

You can train your kung fu like the intellect. You may know a noble spirit by the elevation of your taste. Only a great thing can satisty a great mind. Think twice before you speak.

Look guys, I am just asking questions to gather information. If you think its trolling then dont answer. I do not see any harm in seeking information. K
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Originally posted by Go Jun Long
    Look guys, I am just asking questions to gather information. If you think its trolling then dont answer. I do not see any harm in seeking information. K

No harm at all in seeking information. Words are, of course, the most powerful kung fu( Lap Fu Wai Ying ) used by Buddha Fist.

Is Buddha Fist a student of Eddie Chong?

Last edited by Rhat; 07-02-2004 at 02:02 PM.

Not sure what the troll stuff is but sounds like a legit question.
    I have one about the chinese you used. I hate simplified Chinese so I changed your wai to traditional Here's what I think you wrote:

造虎為形

This reads Chou Fu Wai Ying. "Construct Tiger Become Shape"
    Lap Fu Wai Ying would be:

擸虎為形

"Sieze Tiger Become Shape"

Just curious if you meant the first or the second. Both have very similar meanings. Is this a famous phrase for Bak Mei?

Coming from a mainly english speaking Hung Gar school, I have not heard this phrase "Lap Fu" but "Wai Ying" is very common. It means glean from the essence. By this, we don't try to become a tiger in every way but understand what tiger characteristic we are emphasizing for that particular move.

For instance, hungry tiger decends mountain is different then single tiger exists cave.

BTW, thanks for including the chinese characters. It helps so much.

This is ridiculous.

Rhat & Go Jun Long have even the very same stupid habit of citing quotes all the time. Must run in the family -http://www.komudokwan.com/quotes.html

It's obvious that they are the same person.

And now go back to Kindergarten!

I do not know who rhat is.period.

Bf you have a problem with me?
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Originally posted by hasayfu
    Not sure what the troll stuff is but sounds like a legit question.
    I have one about the chinese you used. I hate simplified Chinese so I changed your wai to traditional Here's what I think you wrote:

造虎為形

This reads Chou Fu Wai Ying. "Construct Tiger Become Shape"
    Lap Fu Wai Ying would be:

擸虎為形

"Sieze Tiger Become Shape"

Just curious if you meant the first or the second. Both have very similar meanings. Is this a famous phrase for Bak Mei?

Coming from a mainly english speaking Hung Gar school, I have not heard this phrase "Lap Fu" but "Wai Ying" is very common. It means glean from the essence. By this, we don't try to become a tiger in every way but understand what tiger characteristic we are emphasizing for that particular move.

For instance, hungry tiger decends mountain is different then single tiger exists cave.

BTW, thanks for including the chinese characters. It helps so much.
    Well keep in mind that these characters might be slightly off or one of them in particular. Sifu, gave me these and I am trying to remember them perfectly. It is hard not being Chinese THe actual translation is "creating the shape of the tiger"
    Yeah mainly I would just like to hear what others do to use, promote or train this method. Thanks again for your info and would like to hear more if you would not mind.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com

Originally posted by Buddha_Fist
    This is ridiculous.

Rhat & Go Jun Long have even the very same stupid habit of citing quotes all the time. Must run in the family -http://www.komudokwan.com/quotes.html

It's obvious that they are the same person.

And now go back to Kindergarten!

Grow up Buddha Fist and start talking about things you know about. For someone who knows alot about Bak Mei you know very little about Go Jun Long and his Bak Mei Sifu! Perhaps you can tell us about your personal problem. Is this your problem -(He is not a Disciple of Sifu only a past student.)?

I don't know who Go Jun Long is. Buddha Fist, why do care so much about Go and Rhat? And do you have reasonable views of yourself and of your finger kung fu?
    Last edited by Rhat; 07-03-2004 at 12:16 AM.

THe actual translation is "creating the shape of the tiger"

Is this a white tiger?