Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: weight lifting vs pure bw

Originally posted by Toby
    , since you're too lazy to start one yourself.

glad you pointed that out..........by the way, who started this one????

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    Anyway, checked out the gym here, and they have............................... and an aerial flying pt, instructor............ and I think if I take a native speaker with me after I show him more of my stuff, we can get a sweat on and get my own aerials happening.

last night I got a colleage to come with to the gym and, after throwing every chinese ma term I could think of , came to an arrangement for 2 hrs each night probono offer vs my y1000 a week instistence ( any one tech the dude can show me is priceless..........) had our first sesh..........

form from some bai mei system???? and wtf on that one............generally consisting of spear fists, chops and something like a one open one closed and crazy blocking variation..........

also worked some kicks and aerials and please visit and share thoughts on the thread I'm about to open on the gap closing variations in different "national " styles and their consequential pre-plant/app position and actual place of connection...........

Ie: chinese app vs korean tkd, vs japanese offensive/defensive pos both pre and post plant etc etc........

stay tuned and cheers...........peace in practice , work your a*ses off and enjoy your bodies

As funny as it sounds, I have never read any of Bruce Lees books but he used that electro-pulsing suction thing for muscle developement right ( duai , I saw enter the dragon), so I'm not sure who made the comment, but are you telling me he was also an advocate of weight lifting??..........I know in Asia that life is tough and just through daily tasks you're bound to get some resistence workout regardless.......but at schools run by the best of best who have competed in and taken many different awards out they don't do this as part of their direct syllabus..
    I haven't read this whole thread yet, so this may have been said, but lee DID lift weights. He was known to keep a pair of dumbells around and would lift them throughout the day.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

1 example of many and every time I mention his mane, without fail someone always steps up to tell us all how he s*cked and ewas beaten by this or that person............irrelevant............

1 example of many and every time I mention his mane, without fail someone always steps up to tell us all how he s*cked and ewas beaten by this or that person............irrelevant............
    And how is this post relevant?

Proof that he did lift weights, which is directly related to your comments and you come back once again with gibberish. Lee put his back out doing Good Mornings, which is a weights exercise. He experimented with anything that might improve his performance, so certainly wasn't an advocate of bw only training.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

LotusBloom:

Since you and I are students of southern styles of gung fu which its founders were from Shaolin. I just wanted to point out that lifting weight using anicent equiments were a part of old
    Shaolin training. Anicent Shaolin's feats of strength were not only conditioned by BWEs alone. Moreover there are weight exercises which my wing chun school practices that dates back to the old days of Shaolin, not the modern wushu artists pretending to be monks. I may be wrong but you sound like the idea of lifting weights were exclusive to occidental martial artists and that orientals are just all about BWE and think weight lifting is dead wrong. This is a misconception and can tell you that if you go to any serious realistic full contact fighting schools of China, you will see some form weight lifting.
    Last edited by FooFighter; 07-18-2004 at 05:02 AM.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

forget it..............stick to your closed minded attitudes and lift all the weight you need to

"you have to think outside the box to be successful"

Donald Trump

You have to avoid self-delusion and live in the real world to be successful too. Just because you think you have all the answers, don't ignore all the proof to the contrary.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

Haha Bruce Lee lifted a lot of weights. I have a book full of pictures of him using weights. It's called "The Art of Expressing the Human Body." It's not a very good book from a workout perspective, but it's got lots of pictures of Bruce lifting weights.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

It's a great book. Definetly a nice little "time capsule" of certain training concepts/theories of the day.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by Serpent
    You have to avoid self-delusion and live in the real world to be successful too. Just because you think you have all the answers, don't ignore all the proof to the contrary.

right, but creativity is great weapon , even in defence.....

Originally posted by IronFist
    Haha Bruce Lee lifted a lot of weights. I have a book full of pictures of him using weights. It's called "The Art of Expressing the Human Body." It's not a very good book from a workout perspective, but it's got lots of pictures of Bruce lifting weights.

sure he did..........so his name is irrelevant to our conversation...........

when i bring him up it's rambling and the guy s*cked anyway.when you do it, it's unquestionable proof

so moving on.....................

Originally posted by Vash
    It's a great book. Definetly a nice little "time capsule" of certain training concepts/theories of the day.
    You're right.

But for training it's not very good. It doesn't have step by step pictures of exercises, which is vital for a how-to book. And I consider this a "how-to" book because it has step by step descriptions, but not pictures.

I tried to sell mine on the main forum but no one bought it.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

right, but creativity is great weapon , even in defence.....
    But re-inventing the wheel is a total waste of time, especially when your new re-invented wheel comes out square.

the wheel, as in how there are 9 planets and the earth is flat????.............creativity shapes the future and gives us something to laugh about in the past