Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Special Effects in "King Arthur"

Talking Special Effects in "King Arthur"

Pretty impressive, eh?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I have a feeling this movie is going down in my list of crappiest movies ever.

HAHAHAHA YEah you know whats goin on. hehehehe

I went to see this sh!t of a film and was thoroughly dissapointed.
    but seeing her dressed up like a half naked celt painted blue with tats was well worth the 8 bucks.

PEace,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Looking at that again, I think the SFX are actually on the promotional materials. In the pic on the right you can see the movie poster lettering (and of course the background is all photoshoppy.) I think the pic on the left is an actual still from the movie, and doesn't appear to be, um, 'enhanced.'
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

just to underscoe my point that this movie sucks - my wife was telling me a bunch of the renfest people locally got a sneak preview last night and they hated it. Now, you're talking about people who make lists on the internet of their favorite movies to watch to get in the mood for the next renfest.

TheBlackDragons Guest

I dont even want to see it i read that Instead of merlyn being a Druid Wizard
    He a guerilla leader what a load of crap

Thats like makeing superman

a human Cop

It takes all the fun away

I saw a preview. Why are they wearing roman centurions helmets?...

WHAT!! Merlin NOT A WIZARD! That is BEYOND BLASPHEMY!! That movie must be trash.

merlin was an alchamist "in real life" and this is suppossed to be the "true story" my firend said ity was ghood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

No no. In real life he was a tax attorney.

Just saw the 20/20 story connected to the movie.

5'll getcha 10 it's more interesting, with the exception of Kiera Knightly's b00bies, natch.
    Crippled Avenger

Keira Knightly is a precious, precious angel, and I will tolerate no ill speaking of her.

Easy there, hoss - no one said anything bad about your imaginary girlfriend.
    Crippled Avenger

Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
    merlin was an alchamist "in real life"
    I think the original stories held Merlin to be a half-demon, prophet, and shapeshifter.

But classically, 'alchemist' is not much distinguished from 'wizard.' The classical alchemist, in chinese as well as european tradition, used chemical ideas as analogy for mystical ideas. The philosopher's stone and the quest to turn lead into gold are analogies for a refining of the human spirit. In some cases, no line was drawn between external alchemy (organic and inorganic concoctions) and internal alchemy (mysticism); and in other cases, the external practice was dropped completely. In the European tradition, the alchemist's work and what you might more readily call 'wizardry' (eg. ceremonial magic) were both based on the same synthesis of Jewish and Greek (and Christian, Egyptian, and Syrian) mysticism.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Easy there, hoss - no one said anything bad about your imaginary girlfriend.
    Don't be a twit!!!

Ashley Judd is my imaginary girlfriend. Keira is my imaginary girlfriend's roommate...