Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Idiots Making Fun Of Hsing Yi

So come on Apostol...give up some more details about what you did since you came clean with the deal. Were you able to use anythying that you have learned in class during your match? Even if you managed one principle, that would be good. Two minutes before the KO? A LOT of time, so what was going on? Talk about your distance control, his, etc. Do I have to send Teddy Atlas over there to watch the next one so I know technically what happened? Just kidding.

Yeah, I was dumb. I also wasn't taking it very seriously, as I was experimenting. I was trying my best not to kick (which was dumb).

I hardly used hsing yi. I did use the splitting fist lower block (when you have your hands at your waist) to block some roundhouse kicks.

...I'm going to have a rematch as soon as I learn all the elemental fists and at least one animal form.

Lol, good luck! This thread was an interesting read. Im surprised you posted that you lost :P lotsa people wouldnt have done that.

(I'm going to have a rematch as soon as I learn all the elemental fists and at least one animal form.)

he didn't lose, he learned something in a very honest way
    enjoy life

Apostol,

If you really want to do this again in the future aiming to learn all the elements and at least one animal form is NOT the quickest way to fighting well.

You started with pi quan. Right?

What you should be doing is an hour of pi quan a day. You can do extremely well using just pi quan. If you do it enough you will start to see 2 things.

1. How with only slight modification it can be used to defend against all sorts of attacks.

2. How you can make a simple pi quan really incredible difficult to block.

Eventually you want to get all 5 fists but you'll get the hang of it much quicker and develop better gong fu if you just really focus on the first one for a while. It's a really flexable "technique".

all five elements and an animal?

i train gong bao tian bagua, and although i do know some forms, my primary training is the single palm change which i practice religiously. my point being, pick one element and train the **** out of it, then u will win. trust me, one good element is so much better than 5 half assed elements and a dead animal.

ever heard about "ban bu beng chuan" guo yun shen?

http://evergreentkd.tk/

Here are their opinions. Different stories.
    Last edited by Apostol; 07-16-2004 at 11:26 PM.

That link doesnt work for me.

Apostol- Check your PM's

www.freewebs.com/teamevergreen

Try that.

John Cain, thank you for your support, I replied.

It doesnt seem like you guys hate each other, though. They didnt really put you down in their version. They even talked about what both you guys did good/bad. Are you people friends? Or...do you actually hate each other?

Wow, now they are:

alex: you know what i'm talking about
    kim: u will never own mike
    kim: if u at 20
    kim: could go back in time
    kim: and be 20
    kim: u still couldnt
    alex: wow
    alex: that's a bold statement

alex: all you do is yap all day
    kim: id put $ on it too
    alex: about bull****
    alex: that's a mistake

The dumbest thing I've ever heard in my freaking LIFE.

Well, you've hardly given them any reason to think otherwise. Trying to uphold your art's rep is great and all that, but until you're good enough at the art, all you'll do is show these guys that it DOESN'T work afterall. This is more about your bruised ego than anything. Fight the guy if you want, but leave Hsing-I out of it until you actually KNOW enough of it to say so (and please forgive me, but you really DON'T know anything yet).

After one or two years of concentration on the 5 elemental fists (which is all the technique you really need), san ti, and sparring with Hsing-I on a regular basis, THEN you should be ready to try it again, probably not any sooner.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

cerebus is right. Taking a month of a martial art, then going out and claiming it as the art for a fight is stupid. It's like me taking a month of Judo, going into a BJJ school and saying "I use to do Judo" and see how fast you get tapped. When I first started Wing Tsun, I wanted to compete at the the first Taiji Legacy, but I knew that with my limited (4 months) experience, I'd get torn apart. 2 and a half years later I still haven't competed in it, nor am I ready to. Take time to learn some of your art, other than a stance, a few steps, a kick or 2 and a punch or 2 and run out and fight a guy who spars every time he goes to class.
    I have a signature.

I didn't use any hsing yi.