Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: kung fu vs untrained

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    Blooming Lotus,

It's actually good try try out a number of different stlyes so that you have a broad knowledge, less chance of being taken by surprise or learning bad habits from a particular sifu.

I guess with your KF skills, knowledge of other cultures and languages, when your not sharing your wisdom on this forum, you're hunting for treasures in lost cities and ancient tombs

Yes, chics do have more options. Lets say we go head to head one on one. You strike at me, I will not block or hit back - because it is not gentlemenly to do so. In some ways I'm still an old fashion kind of guy who will always open the door for the ladies.

Oh my trolling, I'm amberessed to call what I do trolling when you're around and I'm still learning from the best
    To begin , ditto on the Serpal comment, and secondly, If you weren't attacking me in earnest, I have no reason to use any of my forms, strikes nor styles. Dead set, fights are drama and if sweet talk can avoid that ( confident of walking away as I am), I'm a-schmoozing. Big deal.......Ya know??!!

Serpent,

Not being Kelivin, I rally won't know what you're talking about.

blooming lotus,

I'm confident in your ability to sweet talk, but sometimes it is sweet talk that could lead you into trouble. it's a fine line to know when a fight is for real. I had found it best to meet it with full intent and then decide upon contact to see if it is real. You can say sorry many times but only die once.

But maybe Dim Mak adds a whole new dimension to this ball game. Do you think?

yah.....without a doubt.......... and with out my dimmak, I'd be kinda yibanban vs skilled oppnent, though would've put my study time there into another art so who knows...........

I love my mak and it is my most prized skill..........

sweet talk is just another means to perpetuate non-violence..........though so many boyz ( especially maers ) have trouble stepping down, I aint to proud to spare you at cost of a wink and and a "hey babe "........

many folks here've said before they might try talking first, it's just easier for a chick to get further through that means, is my point and the reason for the fight is more often sexual natured than as with boys and directly my strength vs yours...........

so I find anyhow............

blooming lotus,

Yes for boys it's very much a pride thing, losing face in front of their friends is a no no. Having said that and understanding where they come from doesn't make the situation less dangerous. You're right, if they can be put down without losing face, all the better.

But when you talk, also remember to keep moving so that they can corner you or feel they are in a position where thet have a tactical advantage.

I wish I'd learn some Dim Mak. You must have been a very trustworthy and loyal student for a good sifu to pass on the highest art to you.

just your av "wanna know " student to be honest........but integrity and commitment produces fruit with the most bodatious rewards...........

getting jivey as the jius roll forth, but I know you dig the btw.............

there's NO great secret about it.... you make your decision, you commit to implementing it, and your teachers now and future respect it, and so feel happy to pass it down ............

the secret : ( whispers ) there is

no secret beyond desire and reason..........

Alot of Dim Mak has become lost knowledge. I'm sure some teachers would wish they could pass on that art - if only they knew.

Most kf places have become very commercialized and dim mak is too un-westernized to be accepted. where did you train your dim mak skills?

There are dimmak masters around and my initial contact was Gmaster Poe in Melbourne.

The charts I have right now are from Earle Montaigues creations, and at times when I have no teacher or dim mak brother/sister to spar and train with, at min they are great charts and keep me fresh.

I'm lucky actually, it was my lil bro that got me started, but if you want to find the skill, you will.

blooming lotus,

That is awesome, do you have contact details for G mater Poe. feel free to PM me if you are at liberty to disclose. To think that acupunture that is taught in universities don't go into Dim Mak sure seems like 1/2 the ciriculum is missing.

And then there is the need to develop the ability to strik accuratly at a moving target, mostly in not the ideal lighting conditions. It would seem you'd train years at it. Well done!

Y'know, in that this room is called street fighting the fact that you two are talking meridian striking... "I love my mak"...you might more want to say ..my dim... but that would go too far in describing actually what you think you do. BL, a girl is going to be bum rushed and taken and no sort of b******t keyboard ninja moon training is going to help. What is with you people that you need to make sh*t up? Ego, you're a putzy little internet troll. Stop this s**t now and just go out and really train. Everything you say is wrong. And now it's a PM mutual stroke-fest. Tell you what, go to emptyflower or bullshido and spout this equine scat.

Buddy,

(Ne Hen Bern)

Could you describe what sort of self defence that you do? it seems like you've done some boxercise or cradio like styles in the local gym. You might have been turned off by the spiriutual side of kung fu because all you've seen is the new age mumbo jumbo. (Ze Dao Ma?)

I admit I haven't mastered the level of kung fu like pin point maridian strikes that BL has, but she being buddist and shaolin trained and all that 'birth place of kung fu (get it)' i'm confident she can do what you think is impossible. (Dong Bu Dong?)

yah. I have a link and some contact details I've posted before on maybe the dimmak thread. There are seminars held in Melbourne ( if you can't find it anywhere else) and he also has some book and video programmes available but they're a lil exxy. I don't have the info here but I'll get it to you when I can.

Ps: If Buddy, like so many others want to underestimate their opponents, it just gives us the jump. I'm a little chick but so have been most masters been tiny from yip man and so on, from time of Kungfu birth. Either way. Ignore the troll unless he says something valuable.

cheers

"Could you describe what sort of self defence that you do? it seems like you've done some boxercise or cradio like styles in the local gym."

It seems like..? I've offered nothing of my back ground only to say what you are talking about is nonsense. For the record, I teach Gao style baguazhang under Luo Dexiu, perhapd you've seen his vids.

"You might have been turned off by the spiriutual side of kung fu because all you've seen is the new age mumbo jumbo. (Ze Dao Ma?)"

Ahh, clearly you haven't seen them. Our baguazhang is for useage.

"I admit I haven't mastered the level of kung fu like pin point maridian strikes that BL has"

Come on, you don't know anything about her. You only know what you read here.

, "but she being buddist and shaolin trained and all that 'birth place of kung fu (get it)'"

No, I don't get it. What does philosophy or some tourist attraction have to do with it? I've trained for 25 years and I can tell you things like point striking or chinna are a gift. The idea of a small girl using them on a trained attacker is absurd.

"i'm confident she can do what you think is impossible. (Dong Bu Dong?)"

And I'm confident that you have no experience with martial arts whatsoever.

"I'm a little chick but so have been most masters been tiny from yip man and so on, from time of Kungfu birth."

Really? Yang Luchan? Dong Haichuan?, Zhang Zhunfeng?, Wu Mengxia? All big Northereners.

Originally posted by Buddy
    [BCome on, you don't know anything about her. You only know what you read here.

and back atchya... ya know. If what you say about your experience is true yourself, how about posting something constructive??

, "but she being buddist and shaolin trained and all that 'birth place of kung fu (get it)'"

No, I don't get it. What does philosophy or some tourist attraction have to do with it? I've trained for 25 years and I can tell you things like point striking or chinna are a gift. The idea of a small girl using them on a trained attacker is absurd.

"i'm confident she can do what you think is impossible. (Dong Bu Dong?)"

And I'm confident that you have no experience with martial arts whatsoever. [/B]

You're right, I am a small woman but A. How many trained attackers do you usually meet out of school and B. I'm still alive despite serious and armed situations in past. So for now, i'm just going to have to go with it.

If fellow chick trained attacker counts, I 've been having another look at Janna Costello ( San Shou ) title holder, and her belt is looking prettier every day.

I'm 29 myself and have been training and conditioning since I was a very young kid.

Your opinion still doesn't mean a whole lot, but if you've got something useful to share, share it already !

Bloo-Lo,
    "If fellow chick trained attacker counts, I 've been having another look at Janna Costello ( San Shou ) title holder, and her belt is looking prettier every day. "

No, it doesn't count. You think you'll be able to pull off point striking in a match/contest? I don't, and that's all about win/lose, not live/die. This section is about street combat.

"I'm 29 myself and have been training and conditioning since I was a very young kid."

I'm 47, started karoddy at 16. I've been practicing Chinese martial arts since 18, bagua since 1989.

"Your opinion still doesn't mean a whole lot, but if you've got something useful to share, share it already"

Because my opinion still doesn't mean a whole lot. But if you insist you can scroll down a couple of months in the Internal section where I posted some fairly coherent threads about neigong. But I'm certain you're expert in that as well.