Thread: Intense pain.

Intense pain.

Hello folks.

Remember when I made the thread about my grandmother going throuht brain sergery?

Well she made it through ok, but she still needs to be rehablitaed.

Whenever we move her to work her out she complians of alot of pain.

Does anyone know what I could do to help her out?

And would anyone know any good exercises? She has like no movement in her left arm, nor can she walk too well...but she is getting better....slowly...somewhat.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

I talked to my Sifu about your grandmother; He suggests acupuncture and low impact qi gong that can be done from a sitting position. My Sifu is also an EMT and has dealt with similiar situations, he can be reached at cyb3r076@hotmail.com

Let me know how it goes.
    Sincerely,
    Draven

i have no idea about your prior discussions on this, but I recommend that you all do it in a way where she doesn't realised she's been coaxed...Ie :- casualy ask her to pass you something or move in this way or that for whatever reason, then acknowlege her acheivement ( also casually)................"check that out grams.you're getting back to our old self ha???.gee I admire your strength ....don't know how you stay so strong???" ...............and so on................ Ovbiously at this stage it's largely psychological and the more you can remind her, without her realising you're doing it, that she's becomming capable again, the more she'll accept her recovery..........................

good luck

I agree, maybe some moving qi gong? Followed by taiji when she gets back a little bit of mobility?
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

at a basic lvl, maybe you could suggest some breathing exercises as a time out (from the poking and prodding she's no doubt enduring), ...eg" you should treat yourself to a little personal time and take some you time........you know, I heard that if you breath deeply and think only about you and your body, you end up in relaxation ).......to consider each affected body part and invite her to envision , at the smallest increment she can, each cell repairing , coupled with the knowledge of it happening, by virtue of the actions you witnessed her do, eg : "gramm , can pass me the...... " "will you move over an inch....I wanna sit on your bed........."" etc etc.......it'll promote a greater awareness of how her body is repairing and switch her focus from deteriorating to repair.................

gawd i hope that makes sense.....................

BL

Thanks everyone!

This means alot! ^____^

We asked her if she wanted to do acupuncture. She basically said no way in hell.

I'll try and encourge her more like you said.

But can anyone tell me more Qi gong exercises for her? She's mostly sitting down.
    A"recovered" crack addict. "That came from being one of the Reagan-era kids when I was in middle school as part of that whole Just Say No thing. They would have people who were recovering addicts come to talk to us at school. One guy in particular came to talk to us about drugs. But it didn't sound like he thought they were that bad. He sounded more like a commercial for drugs than a warning."
    -Dave Chappelle on Tyrone Biggums

"A good male hostage negotiator can talk the pants off a nun. And a good female negotiator could be caught in bed with another man by her husband and the next moment would be standing up, putting her clothes on, acting like it was a big joke, convincing the husband that nothing happened. And after a while, maybe he wouldn't believe it, he's not stupid, but it would put some doubts in his head..."
    -CPD hostage negotiator

that's going to be really hard to convey discreetly, but for sitting qigong, Shi Xing Hao, has some great , easily undrestood sitting qigong pics his web site.......... i can't remember the url but if you search on his name, go to his site, and look through the photo gallery, you'll see what I mean............

good luck dude........ just remember, the woman already has folks caring enough to seek info here, and that puts her a step ahead already...............

cheers