Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do ALL your forms slow...

I understand the value of the progressive path, and I understand teh value of maintaining your basics throughout time, but I think that purposely doing forms slow because of doubt, or unsureness in your self is detracting from being able to actually develop the techniques.
    That's akin to never rereading a driver's manuel because you've been driving for years. But the average person who has been driving for years can't pass a written or practical driver's exam. Not untill they re-read the manual. Nor does rereading the manuel meen you doubt your skill as a driver.

I do think I see what you are getting at, though. You are thinking that that one who practices forms slowly never do any thing but practice forms slowly. You would be right that this is a waist of time, but that doesn't invalidte the practice of doing forms slowly. I doubt any who does forms slowly only does them slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    speed and power are what give life to techs. Spend too much time training slow and you will be slow and your kungfu will suffer because of it.
    disagreed 110% if all you ever did was practice your techniques slow then yeah i can see your point, but incoporating it into regular training did nothing but improve both my speed and my power. maybe forms are different than individual techniques and im out of the loop.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    I think that purposely doing forms slow because of doubt, or unsureness in your self is detracting from being able to actually develop the techniques.
    again .... im talking about individual techniques, but doubt and uncertainty isn't the reason for doing them slow.
    where's my beer?

i might be drunk now, but tomorrow ill be sober.

and ill not liek being at work.

i dont think kl has given it enough time either, which suprises me, but digging through maggots looking for a new release can be very frustrating. i can't be how then i do not know.

i luahg out loud!!!!!!!!
    where's my beer?

christ this is so drunk but what i say ...

doesn meditation help you gight?

well ... not directly but sorty of.

practicing slow techniques n the event is the same but more direct.

insight is greather in both of them, but in parcticing slwo you gain greater insitht to the punches you be throwing.

now someone needs to suck me off before bed.
    where's my beer?

Don't look at me....

wow .... at least the worst thing i wake up to are posts that i don't remember making.

i'm glad i drink at home.
    where's my beer?

It's all good. I just needed to drink 15 beers to make any sense out of them.