Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

note:

seriously, China is in a survival mode from 1830 up to decades ago. we shouldnt blame the past ancestors who might miss lead us from some of thier story. We are in a great peacefull time where research and deep search is possible and information is easy to grasp. I must say this because it is not fair for the ancestors if we use today's standard to rate thier understanding in Chan. They dont have time but has to run for survival, while we can sit in standford university library with aconditioning drinking coca cola reading all about Chan and call up some Chan patriach with Cell phones to conform things. I like to make jokes but in all means we need to respect all those from different lineages and style who make thier best effort to passed the art to us who live in a very bad era. without them there is no us.

People might say, oh no, not chan again.

You know, Chan has been post alots here and used in the CMA as a charm to ward-off anything they want. But, take a good look at the so Called Chan. it is not Chan at all.

OK, So what is Chan?

simple, Chan is a teaching of a methodology for PRACTICE to attain the non-dual state or Samadhi or proper -Stillness or if you want to call it free of attach awareness or awareness without identify it as anything but capable to identify it as everything if needed.

There are three stage in the training until the state of Aware but not identified become the by default.

Thus, it said,
    first one sees mountain is mountain and river is river.
    second one sees mountain is not mountain and river is not river.
    Then, finally, mountian is mountain and river is river.

Yup. That is Chan.

So, what does it means about that non-dual,... awareness without identify it as anything?

USing an example in WCK.
    Say, when one is "listening " in chi sau. But, one doesnt commit to use any technics yet. That is the simplified or very general or surface way of describing the awareness without identify it as anything state.

Using an example in Spiral Dynamic.
    Say, when one is "aware"in daily living. But, one doesnt identify one as any memes or any of the 8 levels of conciousness yet.

So, Chan teaching is about how to attain the state where one doesnt by default or habitually fall into any identify. Chan training is about how to practice a certain meditation to realized the samadhi or the proper stillness state in daily living.

So, what is the big deal about this Chan stuffs in daily living? The big deal or the little deal is one has clear choice of what one wants instead of getting spiral into and trap or one can know all memes or types of conciousness but not by default or habitually stuck into one.

So, what is the big deal about this Chan Stuff interm of WCK practice? The big deal or the small deal is one has a clear choice of what technics one is going to use instead of become a programmed by default habit where others can read one's pattern. It is about mastering changes.

Chan was written in different Wing CHun Kuen Kuit even from LJ. That is the way how the ancestors record the theory of training in the AWARENESS platform. ( notice, it doesnt tell about any single technics but pure Awareness platform) and the Chi Sau is an implementation of this theory. ----- Listen and Dont think.

Why? because when one think. one starts with identify a conciousness a memes, a subjective experience. There one spiral into a habit, a program. and the life-spand of that latching into the spiral,( ie falling in love ) has to do with how fast/slow one can release one from the identity or shift away to different identity. Time is non linear here it is no longer mechanical time.

It is very strange to see the teaching of Chan which is the methodology to liberate or free from fix identify interpreted into as philosophy, into ten thousand names of hands or bridges..... or ten thousand sets....

Obviously, someone doesnt understant what Chan is about at all. Not to mention have the training of Chan to experience what is what.

You know why the Zen monk asked " how do you look like before your parents was born?" that is trying to break your habit of identity and break the habitual reaction.

You know why the Zen monk said " there is not a thing, how does it collect dust?" that is trying to communicate the awareness or the samadhi or the proper stillness is always clear and clean and free.

Since I am not the Buddha or the Chan Patriach. The above is my view from my Memes take it if it helps you leave it to garbage if it doesnt help.

For those who link Chan to the eight proper path.... well, check it out, if you cant "see" your memes or type of conciousness as in the spiral dynamics how do you change it?

Nice logical thoughts fly through the mind doesnt control the action. The memes does. So, one needs Chan practice to "Know". hahahaha

" how do you look like before your parents was born?" hehehe
    Dont use your habitual conciousness to reply. For that habitual is the one tailor your life or your reaction. Comeone, use something different. You have a choice.

But then, hahaha all what I wrote up here is just an Emulation of my Memes or conciousness. This is still not the real thing. it is just the first state, mountain is mountain and river is river of understanding with our conciousness. Not real attainment of that non attached of identity awareness. I am just a parrot copying someone's teaching.

Dont expect I am all correct too I am not the Buddha and not a Chan Monk. you have the same AWERENESS as me. So check it out, in Gym, in meditation, while chi sau, while sparing (Ernie will love this ) , while in shower... everywhere you are it... ( but beware when you are AWARE you will not get involve. So dont do it when you have a dinner date or your spouse is going to blame me on your NOT CARING!) ....

A myth in the Shao lin or CMA is that. Why the heck those story keep Identify the Shao Lin Top Chan monks as ANTI-QING, there the five elderly stories.....etc ? where the teaching and practice of of Damo of Shao Lin in the first hand, Chan is about hey let go one identity. instead of "you must eat curry like me. "

Beats me. and you might know the reason why. I dont know.

sincerely appology to those who dont like this post. But, may be you want to look at Chan differently?

--------------------

note:
    about memes or different level of conciousness models and spiral dynamics
    http://www.chooseyourlife.com/ml/doc...alDynamics.htm
    Last edited by Hendrik; 07-19-2004 at 09:55 PM.

hendrik, I had a little difficulty readin your post because i felt it lacked cohesiveness and I am wondering what the point was?

Are you pro chan practice tied into martial arts practice?

Or are you con?

If you are for it why? What do you think it brings to the practitioner to study buddhism and practice Chan?

If you are against it, why? What do you think it takes away from martial practice or daily living?

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Hi Kung Lek,

Living in Now,
    Dont think and just read

Let the meaning comes to you if it is any

but I like curry...

lemon curry?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

i thought curry was an indian spice? it smells good but i dont think i would want to smell like curry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Re: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

Originally posted by Hendrik
    [B]
    note:

seriously, China is in a survival mode from 1830 up to decades ago. we shouldnt blame the past ancestors who might miss lead us from some of thier story. OK, So what is Chan?

simple, Chan is Thus, it said,
    Yup. That is Chan.
    USing an example in WCK.
    Say, when one is "listening " in chi sau. Using an example in Spiral Dynamic.
    Say, when one is "aware"in daily living. It is about mastering changes.Obviously, someone doesnt understant what Chan is about at all. Not to mention have the training of Chan to experience what is what. sincerely appology to those who dont like this post. But, may be you want to look at Chan differently?

[/url]
    I hope you brought some tissues for that little masturbation session.

Re: Re: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

Originally posted by unkokusai
    I hope you brought some tissues for that little masturbation session.
    who is the one who post the above?

Re: but I like curry...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    lemon curry?
    Curry in Curry Village Yosemiti is great too.

Re: Re: Re: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

who is the one who post the above?

unkokusai,

"some tissues"

I agree ....you won't find any fundamental problem for saying that

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat curry.

Originally posted by Rhat
    unkokusai,

"some tissues"

I agree ....you won't find any fundamental problem for saying that

When Damo went to the Cave in Shao Lin to meditate.

is it because he bring some tissues,

or is it because he fed up with the stupid Liang Emperor who knows nothing about Buddhism but building lots of temple, having ton's of cocubines, and thinking everyone is like him --- always tissuing?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chan is not a philosophy and Damo's students doesnt have to eat c

When Damo went to the Cave in Shao Lin to meditate.

is it because he bring some tissues,

or is it because he fed up with the stupid Liang Emperor who knows nothing about Buddhism but building lots of temple, having ton's of cocubines, and thinking everyone is like him --- always tissuing?

I hope you brought some tissues for that little masturbation session.(unkokusai)

Seeing one drop of water can be seeing all water. some more tissues

more Emperor Liang. lots of Emperor Liang... No wander Damo went to Shao Lin Cave. hahahah

What is Chan for those who study Shao Lin kung Fu?
    What is your view?

Chan is a search for reality.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    Chan is a search for reality.
    obviously this is an interesting subject.
    ok to describe in more detail how you think it is done and what is the reality?

Hope we dont side track into building a Klenex tissue factory beside Shao Lin with Chan trademark. due to our ego identification spiral down process