Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Conspiracy in the Movie Industry?

Angry A Conspiracy in the Movie Industry?

I just wanted to know if this has happened with anyone else:

Went to see Spiderman 2 tonight, and the guy gave me I, Robot tickets (there were three of us). I told him I said Spiderman 2, and he just said "It's OK".

So I started thinking...then I went into the lobby and gave the tickets to the young lady, and she pointed to the right and said "It'll, be four doors down." I said the guy at the window gave me the wrong tickets, I came to see Spiderman 2. "Oh in that case, it'll be two doors on the left". There was another party of like 5 behind us, and they mentioned to us "Hey, he gave us the wrong tickets too".

Now, aren't the sales of these tickets in some way involved in how much the movie made? Anyone work at a theater here that can answer this?

My Spidey sense is tingling...
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

More importantly, has anyone ever bought a ticket to a movie, then spent all day hopping from one cinema to the next catching a bunch of movies all for the price of one? Good fun, and considering the price of movie tickets in Australia now (AUS$15) a way to get some value for money
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Why not just hop the same movie theater? Save gas.

That's what he means PLD. Go from picture to picture WITHIN the same theater.
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

wow thats messed up.

hopefully they were just part of the retards in the workplace program or something.
    where's my beer?

Maybe they ran out of spiderman2 ink for the tickets....but had extra I-Robot ink :P
    -Mike

"If you do not wish to grasp the thorn, you should not crave the rose."

Originally posted by joedoe
    More importantly, has anyone ever bought a ticket to a movie, then spent all day hopping from one cinema to the next catching a bunch of movies all for the price of one?
    LMAO I used to love doing that!

It does sound a little dodgy though - the different ticket thing I mean.
    Visit the Site -
    www.buddha-fist.com

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if studios pressured theaters to pump up figures for certain movies on opening weekend.

Or if some minimum wage stoner at the ticket window just didn't care enough about his job to pass out the right tickets as long as his drawer balanced at the end of shift.

Conspiracy or apathy? YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

conspiracy in the movie industry?

ya think? lol

Ask Marlon Brando about it...oh wait, he's dead now, scratch that...but he did have a lot to say on the matter before he went.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

yeah, it makes one wonder...

From an internet site:

"You step up to the box office, you tell the ticket seller which movie you would like to see and he or she pushes a few buttons and your tickets print out. "

Yep - that's what happened, so no "running out of tickets."

continuing...

"The person working in the box office starts the process of creating the data that will later become the box office charts. They enter in what movie you want and the computer tracks all tickets sold from their terminal (POS – point of sales). Companies like Radiant Systems supply many of the major chains, like AMC and Loews, with the software and hardware they use to track all their internal sales from popcorn to advanced ticket sales. With the magic of networking - hard work and lots of wires - all the terminals report to one computer and by the end of the night, each theater knows everything from how much each movie made to how many medium popcorns were sold to which candy sold the best during the 7:00pm rush."

Conspiracy. Plain and simple.

Yep - you have conclusively proven that my alternative theory about lazy and careless bottom-feeder employees is entirely implausible.

Oh, wait! No, you didn't.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

TheBlackDragons Guest

I use to work at Amc

I use to work at a 24 screen Amc

I caught a couple of movie hoppers

I just ignore them

THis one guy his only job was to set up posters for new movies ,, then he thought he would be slick and sell them on ebay ,,,he got busted then fired

CSN - not here to prove anything to anyone - just letting folks on here make their own decisions since we have had a lot of previous discussions on movies and the industry.

By the above quote from the internet, I went to see Spiderman 2, but the "tally" (and most likely the money) will go to I, Robot. I don't see it as being an accident, everyone was just too calm about it, of course they all were probably just underpaid stoners.

You could be right, and I'm sure in your mind you are. After all, you know everything about everything, are never wrong, and no doubt you'll change the world when you grow up.

Re-read both of our posts. You are the one who is certain of a conspiracy.
    Conspiracy. Plain and simple.
    I am the one who is doubtful of any easy explanation and sees multiple possibilities, none of which have been proven.
    I wouldn't be a bit surprised if studios pressured theaters to pump up figures for certain movies on opening weekend.

Or if some minimum wage stoner at the ticket window just didn't care enough about his job to pass out the right tickets as long as his drawer balanced at the end of shift.

Conspiracy or apathy? YOU MAKE THE CALL!!!!!!
    Crippled Avenger

Talking oh christ o mighty kids

No conspiracy,,,the little pot head gave you the wrong ticket and didnt want to redo the transaction because he did nt care to do so.
    comeon YYD when i gave you those tickets i was trying to help you out man,,,two movies for the price of one. i thought you would have gotten the hint dude. Wil smith is awesome YYD,,,,love the cocoa,,,love the cocoa man you know you do,,,,,the down lo is the new thang,,,,,,,,

PEACE,,,TWS

PS. YEah does seem strange though.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.