Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are any of you guys Zombie movie fan

Originally posted by Christopher M
    Haha, yeah... I'm just teasing.

Evil Dead 2 is my god. It may even be on that short list of sequels that are better than originals...
    I don't get everyone's obsession with Evil Dead 2. Sure it rocked, was awesome, had a bunch of kick ass one liners, etc. And was better than the first, but it wasn't this orgasmic greatness in my opinion. Awesome move though.
    I have a signature.

WTF

A whole thread on zombie movies and not one mention of "Versus"?

Dissapointing!
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced

versus was oaky, the graphic violence in it saved it, what was that other japanese movie about the hot naked zombie chick running around. with the people who rob the bank in the begining, that was okay too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Take out japanese, and switch zombie to vampire, and you've got Dusk to Dawn.
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

i'm not saying versus sucked cause it didnt. it was a great movie, but the rewatch value of it i thought was low. it was okay, but confusing and nothing i havent seen before. the effects were cool, but there was really only 1 real zombie fight scene.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

S.L

The film in question is "Junk"

Spaced

Originally posted by kwaichang kaned
    S.L

The film in question is "Junk"
    thats it I couldnt think of it. man that zombie chick was fine. too bad she was a zombie. and how come fat zombies always scare me?

you ever see this movie called STACY?

http://www.pokerindustries.com/poker...ku=STACYUS-DVD

No.
    But i'll be on the look out for it now.

Read the blurb and it seems like my kinda film.Bloody awful

Late night insomnia viewing

Quick Question "the Omega Man"

Where they technically zombies?

Spaced

CSN

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Spark - nonono! I haven't even bothered with the remakes.

What I meant is, I thought the original Dawn of the Dead(1978) was better than the original Night of the Living Dead(1968). And possibly Day of the Dead (1985) is another step up from both.

I've never seen any of the Fulci stuff, although I've heard it's great. That's a major gap in my Zombie-cation, I know.
    Oh thank god! Ok then, yes i agree that Dawn of the Dead is the best of the trilogy. However, did you know that Night of the LIving Dead was the first movie where a black person hit a white person - let alone a white woman!!! I went to school with a film major who wrote his thesis on it and as I'm sure you know, those movies are much more than just a simple horror flick.
    For what it's worth, the remake of Dawn of the Dead has a great first ... 15 mins about. After that it's pretty lame.

Oh! I think the movie i'm thinking of is DEMON ... I think. So good. And i'll double check the one i have at home, all I remember is that it takes place in New Orleans but it's in Italian.

How do you feel about zombies running full speed? I have mixed views on that because when they're slow I think there's more suspense.

Greetings,

What about "The Omega Man"? Wait a minute: Charleton Heston wasn't fighting zombies, but disease infected humans.

Still, it is close. I loved it.

mickey

Omega man is cool.
    The jesus reference is better than the one in the matrix ha

i jsut saw shaun of the dead. great stuff

Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

Originally posted by Tak
    Speaking of jesus reference...
    Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter is superior in all respects to this film.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Sue me, I like the Dawn of the Dead remake.

Doesn't mean I don't still like the original a lot too.

The remake wasn't a remake, it was a different take on the event that started off the zombies in the beginning.

In the timeline of things the original would've taken place during/after the remake.

They're 2 distinctly different movies.

When the zombies move slow you have more time to focus on the intricacies of the personalities of the protagonists.
    When the zombies move fast you have the adrenaline rush of a high speed chase.

First 15 min of the DotD remake were some of the best in zombie-dom, and I've seen those italian movies you're talking about (zombie, zombi 2, zombi 3, cemetary man, etc).

I liked the end of the movie as well.
    Had that great A-Team, lost boys, phantasm 2 kind of build up & climax.

The middle was entertaining with the jokes.
    The middle also gave you that time to get to know the characters, to almost an irritating level; similar to the original series.

Can't wait to see Land of the Dead.
    Bout to look into some of the other films mentioned on this thread.

Hope Resident Evil's more entertaining than the first.
    House of Dead was kind of a let down, it could've been so much better.
    Even with the actors & elements that existed in that movie, the execution could've been much, MUCH better.

zombie movies are my fav'.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting