Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Comics

Paul Jenkins? Suddenly I'm kinda interested.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

60 bucks? ssshhht:

i remember when that was out. i should have bought them if they were gonna be worth that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

dude i saw it in barnes and noble for 14 dollars.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    dude i saw it in barnes and noble for 14 dollars.
    phew. im there
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    Paul Jenkins? Suddenly I'm kinda interested.
    Jenkins is a good writer... his charactor driven chops are pretty solid in this story. BUT... it's not that major as hyped secret origins go (and with-in the marvel Universe it's being heavily implied as a false memory). It set's up the sabertooh dynamic and ahhh... Logan's thing for redheads... Kubert's art was Okay... it was mostly about that then "new" digitial colouring style.

graphic novel

I managed to get a copy Transformers/G.I. Joe Vol 1. by John Ney Rieber and Jae Lee... It's a very good story I recommend it.

Dreamwaveprod.com

i jsut picked up two issues of x-force i was missing 107, 120 to make the series complete with all annuals and variations of number 1. and i picked up xmen 2099 25 and 29 to make that series complete. man the 2099 books. loong forgotten, ravage, doom, spiderman, xmen, hulk, punisher and one more maybe? i cant remember at all. im trying to finish off cyberforce, i gave up on the series with 2 issues left. and im trying to nail down ulitimate xmen 1-5 but i see those are worth soemthing now. lol

First, I have to agree that V for Vendetta was definitely one of the best reads I have ever had... I also enjoyed the Vampire Lestat books.

But the first comic I ever really "collected" was the old Dark Horse versions of Lone Wolf and Cub -- now those were some seriously cool books, although it seemed to just go on forever. Great minimalist artwork though -- definitely my favorite B&W series ever.
    The Eye Half-Shut:
    Part of the Truth Revealed
    http://rubesroost.blogspot.com

Even though it's somewhat dated, much of what V for Vendetta says as a story still has alot to offer... it's still a great read once you get past the 1st chapter (it's most dated)

Lone wolf and Cub is another Classic. But yes it's an investment to collect that whole sprawling series.

I've just picked up Age of Bronze the story of the Trojan war. Probably the best B/W series coming out these days. Apparently it will consist of 7 2 inch thick graphic novels and detail every aspect of that tail from a full range of historical and mythological texts.
    Read an interview with the creator, Eric Shanower

Pink Ranger!

Original Pink Ranger Writing a Power Rangers Comic
    Amy Jo Johnson is currently writing a comic that will reunite the original Power Rangers!

By Shamus Kelley
    |
    December 6, 2021
    |

Photo: Hasbro | Boom Studios
    Since the Boom Power Rangers line of comics began it’s largely focused on the original Mighty Morphin team of characters. Now it appears that focus is about to go to the next level. Speaking at Emerald City Comic Con this past weekend, original Pink Ranger Amy Jo Johnson (who just directed an episode of Superman & Lois) let slip that she’s working on a comic for the line!
    Johnson stated that “I wrote a comic book with my boyfriend and Boom is quite excited about it. We’re sort of in the process of getting it made.” Johnson describes the comic as taking place in the present day of the Power Rangers world, with the original Rangers now in their mid 40s. “A ‘where are they now?’ kind of thing – like a Power Rangers family reunion.”
    This isn’t the first time Johnson has worked with Boom, having previously written the foreword for their Power Rangers Pink mini-series, which focused on her character of Kimberly. Johnson says that she’s never written a comic book but her boyfriend is obsessed with them so he’s the one “putting pen to paper” while she and him came up with the story together.
    Though Johnson didn’t elaborate how far along in the process the comic is or if any art had been completed, she said she hopes its release coincides with the show’s 30th anniversary in 2023. She also thinks it would be a great idea, “if every one of the original Rangers did their own comic book. Like did their own version of ‘where are they now?’ from that person’s perspective.”
    This isn’t the first time Boom has worked with a former Mighty Morphin cast member. Original Green Ranger Jason David Frank was a “Special Consultant” on the original graphic novel Power Rangers: Soul of the Dragon. Johnson however seems to be more involved in the creation of this comic and is taking the story in a different direction than either Soul of the Dragon or the main continuity of the comics.
    Most of the Power Rangers comics ostensibly take place in the same continuity of the TV series though transplanted to modern day. If Johnson’s comic follows the Rangers in their mid 40s in present day it would most likely mean the story would be set in its own continuity and not follow the storyline of the comics. This would free her up to tell a more personal story instead of having to worry about whether her plot would conflict with the long running arc’s of the main comic.
    We can’t wait to see what Johnson does with the comic, not only because of the unique perspective she’d bring to it as an original cast member, but also because she’s recently written and directed several short films. Stay tuned for more information as it’s released!
    Thanks to @johnathancustis on Instagram for alerting us to the story.

Written by
    Shamus Kelley | @riderjetfire
    For more from Shamus including original TV scripts and podcasts visit www.ShamusKelley.com. He’s been a TV writer since 2009 when he created and executive produced the…
    READ MORE FROM SHAMUS KELLEY
    threads
    Mighty-Morphin-Power-Ranger-news/
    Comics
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Master of Kung Fu: CHAN HEUNG

Available on Amazon written and illustrated by Sifu Mark Horton (Hong Ying Sifu 洪英老师) martial artist, champion, author & illustrator.

Name:  0COVER.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  106.1 KB
    Check out my exclusive interview and preview pages of the graphic novel CHAN HUENG: MASTER OF KUNG FU.

#tigertuesday #atigerstale #exclusive #interview #KungFu #graphicnovels #martialarts #martialartist #selfpublishing #comics