Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Nick Forrer
    Maus By Art Spiegelmen
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

All great stuff, but just the tip of the iceberg.

Ghost World by Dan Clowes

Jimmy Corrigan, Smartest Kid on Earth and Quimby the Mouse by Chris Ware

Blankets by Craig Thompson

The Cowboy Wally Show, You Are Here and Why I Hate Saturn by Kyle Baker

Frank by Jim Woodring

Berlin by Jason Lutes

Palomar by Gilbert Hernandez

plenty more where those came from, too...
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Originally posted by Vash
    Anyone remember Dale Keown's Pitt?

the original pitt was aweomse. i was actually reading those the other day. im a modern old school collector. i collected a lot in the early-mid 90's. i have issues of 232+ of xmen. which is about 200 or so, all the gen x and x force series. i heard x force is ocming back with liefield drawing!!!!! :dreamy: i love comics, but too much story line these days and not enough action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    once upon a time collecting comics were inexpensive entertainment

might as well do drugs nowadays if you're gonna be collecting a few titles a month
    yeah i know. i remember when xforce was a dollerr and a doller twnety five. now your luckt to get a comic for 2 bucks :wtf: cause everyone uses special paper and special ink nowadays
    newspaper paper owns all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

rob liefeld isn't one of my favourite artist's , but i know he has his fans.
    his style doesn't appeal to me , just something about it i find
    irritating.

plus i'm angry at him for pulling ***** moves over at image back in the day.

Rob Liefeld is one of the worst comics artists ever. He doesn't distort anatomy. He draws like he's never even heard of the concept of anatomy. And his layouts are even worse.

The guy should be sealed in a barrel of kimchee and shot into the sun.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I prefer the Milligan Allred version of X-force.. now known as X-Statix... HILARIOUS read!!! I've meet Liefield (who claims to know a bit of kungfu by-the-way) unimpressed.

Grant Morrison's New X-Men was rocking and is available in an assortment of trade paperback or hardcovers.

Also you should check out his book THE FILTH.

Just picked up AGE OF BRONZE with is a very thorough adaptation of the trojan war.

Other interesting reads include PLANETARY, and of course anything by JOE SACCO.

Isn't Alan Moore the creator of those 'Americas greatest comics' or something like that? Those look great.. I'll do a search on him later

I'll have to agree with some of u about Liefeld. I was never a fan either. I remember wondering why everyone was so psyched about him doing X-men way back before.

I've desided to not pick up any monthly's, I'll just stick to getting the trade paperbacks/ hardcover / collected volumes..
    I tend to enjoy reading a whole storyline rather than short short comics.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Alan Moore created and maintains the ABC line, yes

what blew my mind was jim lee doing batman.

i suppose that move was done to draw the attention of people like me who are prejudiced against the d.c. line

oddly enough my first comic ever was batman, i remember the day i bought it , just cause. i was maybe 5 or 6... ok my mom bought it ...but i asked her to...
    it changed my life

one of those pivotal moments....

thank you batman, i guess i'll always have a soft spot for you.

then i realized what marvel was.

Jim Lee's art on Batman was some of his greatest stuff to date. And it really did the entire lot of characters, heroes and villains, justice.

But the fukking end was just so fugging anticlimactic.

I have to admit though, the sparring session with Batman and Robin II/Clayface is one of my favorite scenes in comics.

Just finished up reading the New X-Men. Went really well, I though. Don't think I'll be picking up the title anymore, though. It feels like a decent place to stop worrying about it.

I wanna finish my Preacher collection (if a Christian tells you this kinda thing is good, believe it), the rest of the Teknophage's tie-in books, and I'm just gonna stick to the TPBs after that.

hmm first comic...
    I learned how to read by reading Bamse and Gnutten

I was brought up on Donald Duck, but the first hero book I read was probably a Batman too. First Marvel was The Hulk, then Spiderman.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

My first comic was a Batman or Superman. Can't remember.

I know I taught myself how to read from Hulk.

I learned english by readin the american Spider-Man
    b4 I was taught in school