Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics

I wish kids in america would learn some English.

Hey, MK, for reelz, let me know what you've got in those Conan mags. I'm definetely interested.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by Vash
    I wish kids in america would learn some English.

Hey, MK, for reelz, let me know what you've got in those Conan mags. I'm definetely interested.
    I'll pull them out this weekend and take a couple of pics. 80 might have been an over-estimation, but I have a lot of them. They came out once a month, if I remember correctly, and I bought them for a few years straight, only missing one issue somewhere in there.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Sounds good.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

My first comic was so long ago I have no idea. Probably Richie Rich or Archie or something.

I'm not counting Peanuts, of course, because that goes right to the veryiest beginningest and anyway newspapers are totally diffferent.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

yea strips don't count

..altough Dilbert is pretty good
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Adam is a good comic [evil laugh]
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

this is a great site
    http://www.newsarama.com/
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Cool comics one!

i love this company!
    don't get me wrong i still want my marvel!(and batman)
    but know one in the industry can touch the art i see in these books specifically the one drawn by a man named: Andy Seto. his art is some what untouchable, the stuff he did with crouching tiger and story of the tao is amazing. then theres the grand daddy of all kung fu comic book writers/artist tony wong, his four constables is one of the best books i've ever read if you haven't read anything from comics one trust me you should!!!!!!!!

World's Finest:

for those of you who saw BATMAN: deadend here's the sequel
    Hi Rez
    Low Rez

I liked this one better than deadend

I think mainstream Marvel and DC comics are at a turning point. The comics are almost entirely tailored to an older audience (older than 13-15 yrs old) and are more story involved than fighting. I still like the corny old one and done issues of a super hero/team vs villain/team. I'll occasionally pick up reprints of old comics like marvel tales and X-men classic and marvel masterpieces. I think marvel recently had a month where they gave away several titles for that month free at comic shops.

I no longer collect comics for monetary value but for classic stories, I don't care if they are reprints. I'll usually look around in the 25cent boxes and find some nuggets, end up pulling several comics for less than 2 dollars. If only I had known when I used to buy comics for 35-50 cents.

Originally posted by brothernumber9
    I think mainstream Marvel and DC comics are at a turning point. The comics are almost entirely tailored to an older audience (older than 13-15 yrs old) and are more story involved than fighting. I still like the corny old one and done issues of a super hero/team vs villain/team. I'll occasionally pick up reprints of old comics like marvel tales and X-men classic and marvel masterpieces. I think marvel recently had a month where they gave away several titles for that month free at comic shops.

I no longer collect comics for monetary value but for classic stories, I don't care if they are reprints. I'll usually look around in the 25cent boxes and find some nuggets, end up pulling several comics for less than 2 dollars. If only I had known when I used to buy comics for 35-50 cents.
    i agree brothernumber9. i like the uncanny xmen pre 300 after that it seemed to go downhill. after the age of apocolypse for the first year or so was the last time i remember liking the comics i read and that was 6/7 years ago, maybe more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

that's why i jumped on the image bus back in the day , mostly the wildstorm and top cow stuff. but nowadays i can't find anything anywhere that piques my interest.

Y'all need to step off from that superhero greasy kidstuff and try the alternatives.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I've read all the Usagi Yojimbo books, so should y'all