Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Comics

man i remember all the hype about wetworks and then i could never find any of it. but finally when i did it was on issue 4, i was like wtf mate?? gen 13 i never got into and neither did i wildcats, but i hear wildcats was great. i almost went to youngblood, cause i loved refield(sp?) when he created x-force (have whole series) and drew new mutants. but then i saw youngblood was like jsut a rip off of xforce i never got into it. i collected wetworks for a while, it was pretty good. are gen 13's still worth a lot? i liked a lot of the predator and alien comics created by darkhourse too. solar man of the atom was decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Was Wetworks part of Image?
    I didn't read any of the Wildcats, or Youngblood.. But Gen13 was fun, much thank's to Campbells art.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
    And Vash has poisoned the correct with laudanum-laced grapes and cut its heart out.

When I read 'from hell' i have to say it was a strange experience

In the chapter where they go around London and explain the hidden symbolism of the architecture they visit bunhill fields graveyard (literally opposite my office building- where blake and defoe are buried) and essex road (the road that I live on).

Also in LXG 2 the bridge that one of the aliens is killed on is barnes bridge which i used to cross every day to get to college

I guess after years of reading American/new york set comics its weird to see storys set in London especially right where you live

oh and yes vash has initiated the correct into the masonic order with a secret hand shake
    Last edited by Nick Forrer; 08-23-2004 at 05:58 AM.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

Thumbs up

I wish someone would do something like that set in my town
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

In reference in the Alien/Predator stories . . .

I'd like to see a predator-sans-humans mini. I was really intrigued by the portrayal of their culture in the first AvP series, and think a total reader immersion therein would be entertaining.

Yeah, From Hell was a real mind-****. And the conspiracies laid out by Moore really hinted at a world larger than most people know.

Speaking of mind-****s, I want the Invisibles. The way Morrison was talking, Matrix was a rip of some of the more important revelations/realities in this series. I've only read one issue, but the man knows how to craft the language. And the art didn't suck, either.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I thought Invisibles was uneven. There were a lot of very different, very talented artists doing the art, and while I sympathize with Moore's anarchistic leanings I find the idea that he takes the Majyckal/mystical stuff apparently very seriously a bit alienating. It makes for cool power fantasies, but I'm not very much into that stuff anymore - dealing with reality as I know it is much more engaging.

Heh - I said "Moore" up there, but I'm talking about Grant Morrison. Well, the same applies anyway.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

JLA: Earth 2 owns you.

On a super hero note, Batman: DKR was awesome. A little gritty, not my taste, but awesome none the less. I've yet to read DK2. I've heard that, since Miller (Sin City, another series of TPBs I hafta get) wanted to shy away from the grim n' gritty first series, this comic suxord. I refuse to believe. Is it true?

anybody here read the wolverine : origins book?
    it's about logan before the experimentation stuff , his roots.
    i was gonna get it but changed my mind, it looked okay though.

If you're into that sorty thing. It was interesting, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Thumbs up

well,
    I didn't.

The wolverine ORIGIN was OK... but with-in the marvel continuity it may actually be a "false memory implant."

The Invisible was great fun but certainly suffered from changing editorial influences and the art was at time Amazing and at other horrid.

Check out THE FILTH with can be considered a distilled and tighter treatment of what the INVISIBLES was er... shoot for. recently collected in on Volume.

FROM HELL rocked... no doubt.

LoEG was also classic, both volumes 1 & 2... eagerly looking forwards to V3... but the back-up text are a must as well.

also worth noting is V for Vendeta which, while dated, still workes very well.

Also a very smart mix of Mature Escapism... SEAGUY. great artwork, funny and creapy... it's a 3 issue miniseries with a collected edition due out by the end of ths year.

Most of the Image team books have sort of flopped. WildC.A.T.s version 3 was very interesting and is just about wrapped up.

I would also suggest some of you check out PLANETARY...

I've been meaning to pick up Planetary. I read the In Depth (or whatever) article in Wizard about them once. What I saw was exceptional. Looking to get the TPB.

Was looking into the Authority, but read a digital issue (thanks Kazaa) and was turned off. Just not my thing.

Still wanna get the SSoC from MK.

I like LXG okay. It's definitely minor Moore, but it really shows how fun and engaging well-crafted dumb pulp can be. Comparing it to the mass of superhero books quickly shows how those untalented hacks should be working anonymously to avoid reprisals from infuriated fans. However, comparing it to Moore's best work shows how LXG is just him hacking it out on a deadline without putting any real thought or emotion into it.

I'd say the same is true of all the ABC titles, except maybe Promethea, which has a whole diffferent set of problems (and virtues.)
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

is the wolverine orgin one... that was a 2 issue one right? or am i thinking where fought deathblow?
    i liked his weapon x story in MCP.

and the apocolypse orgin was kinda lame, what is apocolypses mutant powers? im still confused. then they did the whole merge cyclops and apocolypse thing which was stupid i think. and it showed what he looked like to be an actual suit and he is some old man
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

it's one of them graphic novels you might mistake for a colouring book.
    As far as I know it was a one part story.
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...79142?v=glance