Thread: wah lum and ex wah lum sifus

wah lum and ex wah lum sifus

How long does it took you to become a wah lum sifu?

There is no set amount of time. Professional students spend more time training and learn at a faster pace. Part time students who express a desire to become a teacher follow a path geared towards that end.

The situation is a little different at the Temple. The intent seems to be to progress up the ranks, take the Sifu test and go open a school. If the student has no desire to open a school the training doesn't move as fast. Once at the higher levels the student can become an Assistant Instructor and help out with classes but might not ever get certified. Why pay all that money for a piece of paper if you aren't opening a school?

"How long does it take" To me, there is much more than time but the experiences in training. I had an older kf brother help me, along with a fellow brother with the same aspiration. All the late nights pounding out the material and hanging out is what means alot to me. The test... I will never forget.

There is no set amount of time. Professional students spend more time training and learn at a faster pace. Part time students who express a desire to become a teacher follow a path geared towards that end.

can you explain that a little better?

I want to be a certified sifu, but I don't want to open a school.

How's the test like? share some stories

test

research previous threads, this has been discussed before

has anyone seen this form?

Yes, but it isn't a wah Lum set. Sifu Mai performs that set quite well if i might add.

SD
    Professional students generally live 'on site' and have additional training times outside the regular morning and evening classes. More time is spent training each day so they naturally progress much faster than the part time student taking 3 or 4 regular classes a week.

you could tell she's good too