Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On strategy and warrior spirit

Would you approach a fight with a larger opponent the same as one with a smaller opponent?

Does your strategy change if you know your opponent's skill level?

How does environment affect your strategy?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

I once had trouble with 3 guys. My initial reaction was to try to talk my way out of trouble but when I saw it wouldn't work I went berserk and hit the biggest mouth 1st when he wasn't expecting it.
    The 2 others were surprised too and I took another out before they could react. Then the last one ran away.
    It all happened very fast : I hit the 1st one in the nose with my head then kicked the 2nd one in the knee with a side kick.
    They were both laying on the ground but I didn't stay to see how they were, too much trouble with the cops or justice if they sue me after their hospital trip.

Another time there was 3 guys too but I had a butterfly knife on me, they all ran away when I took it out to fight them.

I would react the same with more than 3. Talk first, if it doesn't work then fight to injure or kill, it's them or me.
    I never ran, I don't think I ever will, especially if I'm not alone (like with friends or family).

Re: On strategy and warrior spirit

Originally posted by AmanuJRY

senario #1:

You are cornered in a parking garage by four guys bent on hurting you bad, what is your strategy? What is your spirit?

Strategy- Do you immediatly start looking at stances, body positioning, and at the eyes for signs of uncertainty, fear, or determination as you manuver your body into a position to face only one opponent at a time? Or do you jump at the closest guy and proceed to attempt to send him to the hospital in order to strike fear into the rest of them?

Spirit- Do you give in to the idea that you are going to get smashed by these overwhelming odds? Or do you go into berzerker mode? Or do you approach it without concern as to what may or may not happen?

Thus, I have heard from my friends in Asia....

if one was attacked, people starts to chop with bucher knives ect before one knows what is going on.

Thus, the daily pratice or the auto-pilot takes over---- cover one's head and neck , expect punches and kicks and knees flying all over..... Rush throught the barrier to some where safe..!
    forget about your WCK or BJJ...ect or thinking. if you dont want to get kill . If one wants to survive.

What one trained daily and for how much the training, one has applied here. So, just accept as it is. Tryng to think? one lost. the key is rush out and run away to a safe place.

Stratergy? spirit? that is great ideas but do you have time for it?

Get attack in the elevator? hahahaha, how good your woodern dummy auto pilot practice BTW cover your head too with the Yang side of your arms not the YING side. remember.

There is no warrior. Dont go to dangerous dark place, run.

going down to ground? wait a guy smash your head and drop you with brick or ect... when you think you mount pin or nail a guy down.

There are different type of fightings. fighting for fighting and there is fighting for real survival. Dont get that mix up.

How far one's fighting train's one?

In fact, when I was young.

A judo champion in where I went for high school was killed at a kidnap. So, people know this guy is tough. And they bring more people in to kidnap him, increase the doze of drug to suffocate him....

another shao lin Sifu who help me to heal my arm fracture was beating up a guy who stole his stuffs. That guy get more guys and ambush him. He died.

Dont be a warrior. Be safe just be a coward. And avoid accident from what one think is an innocent fighting.

just some crazy dreaming drunken thoughts. Dont take me serious!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-04-2004 at 09:21 AM.

Once again your post wanders off into la-la land, Hendrik.

"Be safe just be a coward."

I don't consider running from an outnumbered attack to be an act of cowardice. A safe move? Yes.

I equate cowardice with the fact that someone needs cohorts to help him 'beat down' one other guy.

And avoid accident from what one think is an innocent fighting.

Innocent fighting?

Can anyone explain to me the nature of this paradox?

There are different type of fightings. fighting for fighting and there is fighting for real survival. Dont get that mix up.

There are two kinds; sport and survival/self protection. Sport has rules or agreements made before the fight (sporting, sparring, even challenge fights might fall under this kind of fight), survival, as we all know, is anything goes cause it's a matter of life/death or serious injury. How could I possibly get them mixed up.

Thus, the daily pratice or the auto-pilot takes over

My body did not come equipped with an auto pilot. It's manual operation only.

cover one's head and neck , expect punches and kicks and knees flying all over..... Rush throught the barrier to some where safe..!..... forget about your WCK or BJJ...ect or thinking. if you dont want to get kill . If one wants to survive.

I take it Hendrik you have never played any sports in where you had to run past linemen or people waiting to jump you. Do yourself a favor and play a couple of seasons of some decent Rugby, then tell me to just 'rush through the barrier to somewhere safe'. The idea is that training will help me get through the 'barrier'.

Stratergy? spirit? that is great ideas but do you have time for it?

Planning and purpose? Do you have time for them?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford