Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxer Rebellion

Originally posted by apoweyn
    Semantic arguments make the baby Jesus cry.
    That's not what Mel Gibson says.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    That's not what Mel Gibson says.
    And you trust him?
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Originally posted by red5angel
    yeah Ap, just because your parents are british doesn't mean you get to stomp all over the other people of the world an dtheir rights. You can' t just imply that Indians are a lower class then the brits, just cause their skin is different or they aren't edumacated like the brits. Jeeze, the elitism flying around this forum is insane!
    My parents are British, huh? I'll have you know that I was born and raised to the age of 10 in Great Britain, thank you very much. Brackley, Northamptonshire.

But yeah, there's not a whole lot to recommend the Empire's behavior in India and China.

oh yeah MY PARENTs are british, never mind you smarmy brit!

I'll have you know that I was born and raised to the age of 10 in Great Britain
    Explains why you can be such a pansy

thank you very much
    You are very welcome.

As far as the style is concerned, I have no idea, but I'll put hung gar out there.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

oh yeah MY PARENTs are british, never mind you smarmy brit!
    Originally posted by apoweyn
    My parents are British, huh? I'll have you know that I was born and raised to the age of 10 in Great Britain, thank you very much. Brackley, Northamptonshire.
    My grandparents moved here from Scotland. Now I have two reasons to clobber both of you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

that practically makes us brothers MK. My family descends from Scottish border reavers but eventually took jobs as landsmen and caretakers in wales and Brittain. Down with the MAN!!!

that practically makes us brothers MK. My family descends from Scottish border reavers but eventually took jobs as landsmen and caretakers in wales and Brittain. Down with the MAN!!!
    Yeah, Mel Gibson hates England, too. Coincidence? I think not!

Scotland kicks @$$. Britain suxors it. Coincidence?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Geography

Whilst not my favorite subject of all time.

Scotland IS part of Britain. The British Isles

I think you may be confusing Britain with England.

And NOBODY likes England.

(to the tune of "we are sailing")

No one likes us
    No one likes us
    No one likes us
    WE DON'T CARE
    Mike: I dressed up as an old Isralie woman once.

Tim: Did you?

Mike: I didn't HAVE too.
    Spaced

Explains why you can be such a pansy
    And yet completely fails to excuse it.

Oh dear Where do we start?
    OK, as I have already stated on another thread (and admittedly has been more than hinted at here) the boxers (on the whole) were not martial artists. They were what are known as "spirit boxers", who believed that they were possessed by totem spirits, and this would make them impervious to gunfire.
    Second, why are the Brits getting bashed here? The British empire didn't rule china, it ruled Hong Kong (which was nowhere near the rebellion).Yes, the opium wars were a dark stain on our history, but was it really any worse than enslaving people in their thousands and forcing them to build a railway in concentration camp conditions? (pot/kettle). The USA, Portugal and Germany were all caught up in the boxer rebellion.
    As for the Empire, yes there were bad things about it, but there were good things as well. I mean, India and Hong Kong were both under such liberal, tolerant, politically free regimes beforehand. Also, incidentally, they were ruled by a non-indigenous ruling class who had empires themselves.
    Yes, Mel Gibson does appear to hate the English. Try reading a history book instead. William Wallace was a decidedly wealthy landowner who didn't like paying tax, and the average Scottish peasant was no worse off than the average English peasant (except that the English peasant had to worry about being massacred by the Scots)
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

NP, loads of Hung Gar in Shandong
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Ben, it's all tongue in cheek really. My mom's a brit, Ap is apparently a brit, so somehow we are al mostly or atleast related to some limey somewhere
    If we wanted to bash someone for real I'd say we'd be bashing Spain, they suck.

Originally posted by Ben Gash
    Yes, the opium wars were a dark stain on our history, but was it really any worse than enslaving people in their thousands and forcing them to build a railway in concentration camp conditions? (pot/kettle). The USA, Portugal and Germany were all caught up in the boxer rebellion.
    Yeah, that's why I said Group of Countries.

As for the Empire, yes there were bad things about it, but there were good things as well. I mean, India and Hong Kong were both under such liberal, tolerant, politically free regimes beforehand. Also, incidentally, they were ruled by a non-indigenous ruling class who had empires themselves.
    Okaaaaaaay.

Yes, Mel Gibson does appear to hate the English. Try reading a history book instead. William Wallace was a decidedly wealthy landowner who didn't like paying tax, and the average Scottish peasant was no worse off than the average English peasant (except that the English peasant had to worry about being massacred by the Scots)
    Mel Gibson doesn't think Southern styles are very practical. He prefers higher stances and long power.