Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boxer Rebellion

The Boxer Rebellion

1. did they really think iron shirt made them impervious to bullets?

2. how many styles were wiped out as a result of Empress Cixi's maniacal plan to rid the Middle Kkingdom of the gringos?

" i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Re: The Boxer Rebellion

Originally posted by Hermes3X
    1. did they really think iron shirt made them impervious to bullets?

2. how many styles were wiped out as a result of Empress Cixi's maniacal plan to rid the Middle Kkingdom of the gringos?
    1. the answer is definetly yes. I learned the secret technique form my sifu and I can teach you too. but dont be mad if it dont work and you get shot and die.

2. none, what people dont tell you is that the boxers really won. the emporor that was in power was a boxer supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

1.No
    2.none
    We've had this conversation many times, do a search.
    The Boxers weren't martial artists and didn't do iron shirt. They were "spirit boxers" and believed they were demon possessed. Most were simple peasants manipulated for political ends
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

******! Ben beat me to the punch.

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

...and they drank a whole lotta Bu Chiew... which is another thing that lent itself well to "spirit" boxing
    Kung Fu is good for you.

CSN, you REALLY need to get out more.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

It's not my fault that my family is heavily into pet rescue.

In fact, I'm rather proud of them for it.
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

good for you CSN

my family rescued many pets. msot are nut cases too. like this current keishound we have, oh man. talk about having a couple screws loose.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

It's really mostly my mom. Five of her six critters are rescues, and now that she's retired she spends most of her time on arranging for the rescue, rehab, fostering and adoption of dogs, most especially airedale terriers and basenjis. When I get into a location and financial position where I can afford dawgs of my own I think three will be my limit, though.
    Crippled Avenger

dont believe these people herpes x I am right I AM ALL KNOWING!

[evil laugh] MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [/evil laugh]

Boxer Uprising or the Righteous Harmony Society Movement

Does anyone have any good recommendations on books or information on the "Boxer Uprising or the Righteous Harmony Society Movement" that is interesting or worthwhile. Seems to be a very interesting time in history but not much written about it in the English language.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    I haven't read this yet but it's on the list.

http://www.amazon.com/Boxer-Rebellio...6803463&sr=8-4

This might actually be 'on topic' for the main forum though...might move it later.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Here're two lists of books, one for the Boxer Rebellion and the other for the Tai Ping (Great Peace) Rebellion. Both were relatively recent, and both played a role in Shaping China and Chinese Martial Arts into what it is today.

Boxer Rebellion
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...on&pageSize=10

Tai Ping Rebellion
    http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/...on&pageSize=10

One book I recommend on this time period is called "God's Chinese Son."
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero