Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hellboy

sc107-

i was not aware that mcfarlane was involved with the evil nemisis spidermen.

that explains a lot about how they look though.

thanks for the info!

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Red - I double dog dare you to link to some Michael Turner artwork that doesn't look exactly as I've described.

I'm beginning to think you just like stuff that's all glossy surface and nothing underneath.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

for art, yes, I like the stuff that's glossy and looks good. The stories are ok for comic books but please, I certainly don't go to comics for some inciteful and deep thinking, for that I come here

His stuff is as good as all those vertigo artists and their crappy can't color in the lines art. Good for newspaper advertisments for big outlet stores but someone should let them know it sucks for comics.

So, I take it you CAN'T find a drawing by Turner that looks good enough to post for me.

OK.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

saw Hellboy, it was aight,
    much better than i had expected,
    i don't read the comic book so i cant draw the comparison, but I'd say that it's better than alot of the comic to big screen transitions.

It sucks. I was hell bored. Spiderman 2 was good.

Hellboy 2019

I suppose this will need its own indie thread someday, separate from Hellboy (2004) and Hellboy 2 (2008).

or not...

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Our newest exclusive movie review

WTH? READ HELLBOY: A Bloody Wrestlemania by Patrick Lugo

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hellflop

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I suppose this will need its own indie thread someday, separate from Hellboy (2004) and Hellboy 2 (2008).

or not...
    not

David Harbour Admits Box-Office Flop ‘Hellboy Had ‘Major Problems’
    By COREY ATAD. 28 May 2019 2:41 PM

Photo: Lionsgate

The recent reboot of “Hellboy” was a big failure at the box office, and star David Harbour is getting candid about why.

The “Stranger Things” actor, who played the superhero Hellboy in this year’s new adaptation, spoke with DigitalSpy about the film.

“We did our best, but there’s so many voices that go into these things and they’re not always going to work out,” Harbour said. “I did what I could do and I feel proud of what I did, but ultimately I’m not in control of a lot of those things.”

Harbour also suggested that being compared to the Marvel Cinematic Universe films also hurt “Hellboy”.

“The problem that I have with comic book movies nowadays is that I think, and it’s a result of the power of Marvel stuff, it’s like chocolate, it’s a flavour. So everybody [says] chocolate is delicious and these guys make the best chocolate. So as you judge the movies, it’s like, ‘Well, it’s not as chocolatey as this, this does not taste like chocolate at all.’ And I sort of want a world where there’s more flavours than just comparisons to chocolate. So in that way when ‘Hellboy’ is viewed on the chocolate spectrum, it does very poorly.”

He added, “That being said, it also has major problems.”

2019’s “Hellboy” has so far pulled in a paltry $22 million at the box office. The previous two “Hellboy” films, directed by Guillermo Del Toro, were both moderate successes, bringing in about $100 million and $160 million respectively.

Harbour does believe the film may find success outside of theatres and with the Marvel comparisons in the rearview.

“I think as a rental or as a movie that you see on an airplane, I think you’d be like, ‘Oh that was fun’ because it’s a fun movie,” he said, “and I think it was unfairly bludgeoned as a result of these comparisons.”
    paltry $22 M. paltry...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips