Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ATKINS and exercise

au contraire........... it's called creative restructuring..............

one typo is atrocious spelling ha???........thank god you weren't grading my recent students' papers then

One typo??? You mean "one typo out of a steady stream of a thousand or so a day" in your case. And if you're actually TEACHING your version of the English language to poor, unsuspecting Chinese students.... let's just hope they never actually have to USE the stuff!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Oh yeah, I also love your term "creative restructuring". Better known as "making it up as you go along". Also known here in the U.S. as "pulling it out of your azz".
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

whaddya say..........on 20 working hrs a day, 4 wks + many an injury later, love to see what you'd produce ........ regardless..........when you gotta wing it and comprimise your plan, you find a way to continue ( even if does mean getting creative)

LOL! You're so full of bullsh!t it's downright hilarious! But hey, keep it coming, at least it's funny!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

bus .....cere ...........if that's what you ned to tell yourelf. sweet as babes...............

sleep well..........

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    I think the key to a healthy atkins plan, because complex carns are so low, is to have yourself a quailty vitamin ( with a high iron content) and be particularly vigilant of fluids and electrolites ( potassium, salts etc)...........
    OK, let's be a bit more constructive in our criticism.

What's wrong with bl's above post?

1. In an Atkins plan, all carbs are low, complex or otherwise. That's the idea.

2. She suggests that as carbs are low, to take a vitamin supplement high in iron. One has nothing to do with the other! As the Atkins dieter is eating heaps of protein, iron is unlikely to be low anyway. Not much iron occurs in carbs, so Atkins is not to blame for low iron anyway.

Same goes for vitamins. Atkins is unhealthy, but it needn't be completely free of vitamins. You can still get them and the fact that carbs are low is irrelevant directly to vitamin intake.

3. She says to be vigilant of fluids and electrolytes. How does this have anything to do with Atkins? Again, fluids and electrolytes should be maintained at good levels regardless and Atkins diet will have no bearing on this one way or the other.

And, for the record, I've highlighted the one spelling mistake. I still can't believe that you claim to teach English!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

one by one..........

1st.who said all aitkins plans aren't low in carbs???............keto was also metioned and argue about it, but a certain amount of sugar pending the rest of the details are permitted...............

2nd..because complex carbs effect energy and nerve stabilty, a good Iron intake ( where whatever you got prior'd do )will at least minimise some of that............

3. I thought I literated myself so well on that one ( re :- electrolytes).......... aitkins is a ketogenic means and of course it has bearing on your kidneys ( as we all know ) , and therefore fluids and particualrly minerals and salts etc ( commonly known as electrolytes), become extremely more important than at regular times............keto is a hard core thing to do, and kidney malfunction is a common side effect of a long - term plan...... the lower your carb intake the more vigilance required to stay well oiled...........additionally, because carbs are so low and the impact of the carb - deficit tolls engry and heart pumping as our blood life comes from food, hence need for the extra potassium ( and the extra vitamins) to assist the heart to do what it's not getting from the carbs.............

I've been ketoing under high work load for yrs........ if there's one thing I know about, it's this................. trust me, if you do a keto and neglect the above, I am concerned for health, now and later............

Nb -: there is no reason you can't maintain perfect health on a keto plan, you just need to understand the relationships in your body and how to make all your bits play nicely...........
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 08-08-2004 at 06:25 PM.

BL...

a step aside for a moment, why would you choose to go into ketosis? Based on your other statements and your pic, you're plenty lean and have no problems with extra body fat, more likely the opposite.

are you diabetic?
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

actually I'm more like intolerant to various flours and jazz, gluten really....... also have a liver thing I need to consider.......... found keto, tailored it and never looked back................

ok gotcha.

hey, keep answering questions that directly and you're gonna ruin your rep.

www.curious3d.com

mine or someone elses

Originally posted by blooming lotus
    I've been ketoing under high work load for yrs........ if there's one thing I know about, it's this................. trust me, if you do a keto and neglect the above, I am concerned for health, now and later...
    You've also been doing BWE under high work load for yrs and they're clearly superior to weights. I'm all ears for your priceless advice.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

if you kindly take your head outta your butt for a sec, lets chat.........

what exactly do want to know???........

...pulls up a lawn chair and cracks a beer

www.curious3d.com