Thread: "the Village" Another crappy movie by Shamayalan

"the Village" Another crappy movie by Shamayalan

Man i gotta say that this movie really sucks bad,,i mean this is the icing on the cake of Sh!tty movies he has made.. this guy needs to go to directing school or something,,or at least get a creative process going with in him that actually WORKS on the movie screen. The Village is terrible,,the plot sucks and the atmosphere of the film and dialogue is so dumb that i had a hard time keeping a straight face throughout the whole film.

sixth sense was the only decent film he made,However,,when i saw the "making of" 6th sense and all those god d@amn references to the color red i got so aggravated that now i have shunned the film. Unbreakable was a major dissapointment and signs just was not that great at all,,,,,Add villiage to the list of dumb sh!t flicks by the rich east indian wannabe kubrick director.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Unbreakable could have been better IMO but I still like it. It's definatly more interesting than the average hollow-wood hole. I actually really enjoyed Signs too. I liked what he was doing with the story in both, but then again I'm s succa for aliens. This new village movie looks dull though. Probably won't see it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

well, after the huge dissapointments hes brought upon us in the past, I am definatly not gonna waste 8 bucks to see it. Maybe, I'll possible see it if someone else rents/buyes it and invites me to watch when it comes out on video...but thats about it
    A man runs 3-4 miles per day, bragging about the extra 10 years of life it creates, unaware that he is spending them running.

eh i thought it was gonna be good then the monsters got "revealed" and it killed the suspense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

well, I enjoyed it, alot actually. It's slow, so don't go expecting action of any sort really. That and my wife and I sort of guessed the twist at the end, but there were a couple of other twists that got us anyway.
    I enjoyed the acting for the most part and the story was good, if a little predictable on some parts.

Overall I've enjoyed his movies. Unbreakable was the least favorite but it was aninteresting idea anyway. Signs was good, when it turned out there actually WERE aliens I was like holy ****! That birthday party video made me almost jump out of my seat! Also when Mel is talking to Shaymalan about the monster in the pantry, that was an intense scene.

Anyway, if you can sit through a slow but good story I recommend it.

At this point, you'd have to rig me out in that gear from "A Clockwork Orange" to sit through a Shamalawhatsisname movie.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

red - I thought Signs were so good I took a date to see it. perfect dating movie. she hated it
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

my wife and I went and saw it together and she just about jumped out of her seat at the birthday party scene.

Signs

Alien lifeforms have the ability to travel galactic distances to reach earth and are capable of subduing it in a matter of days, yet, they are unable to get out of locked kitchen pantries. There is excellent logic.
    I think shyamalan's films work better with time. I hated unbreakable when I first saw it. Could it have been any more understated but with repeated viewings the subtlety and nuances have grown on me. It's a shame the audience was so vehement in it's derision of the film because it made M. Night rethink his plans for a trilogy with the Unbreakable characters. And who wouldn't want to see Sam Jackson with that hair again? He was fabulous.
    As for The Village well it's not great. But at least he tried something original rather than a remake or reimagination of some other film. He wrote a movie from scratch. As for the shocker, well that's the alabatross around his neck at this point. Rather than just experiencing the film for itself, I spent a lot of time thinking what could the shocker possibly be. And yes, it took about twenty minutes to figure it out. but the secondary shocker I thought was quite surprising. It turned the whold notion about the hero in the film on it's ear and that was surprising. Go ahead tell me that didn't come as a surprise.
    ~The table saw is my weapon of
    choice

Alien lifeforms have the ability to travel galactic distances to reach earth and are capable of subduing it in a matter of days, yet, they are unable to get out of locked kitchen pantries.
    I see you've read what Maddox had to say about it.

lol, that guy slays signs.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Alien lifeforms have the ability to travel galactic distances to reach earth and are capable of subduing it in a matter of days, yet, they are unable to get out of locked kitchen pantries. There is excellent logic.
    LOL! I love when fanboys try to A- apply logic to the movies and B - think their own logic stands up better then the movies.

Of course we all know that advanced forms of alien life would have the built in ability to get out of locked pantries because they would have foreseen that trouble. Of course human beings have the ability to wip out vast amounts of country side with one missile, but they still lock themselves in and out of their cars adn bathrooms.

Cripes Red, talk about faulty logic.

People don't smash their cars and bathrooms open because they don't want to damage their own property. Not because they can't figure out how or are physically incapable.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Glass - Official Trailer [HD]

In the wake of SDCC2018

This is kind of our Unbreakable/Shamayalan thread. Should I delete the "the Village" part of the title and just leave it as "Another crappy movie by Shamayalan"?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart