Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: taiji legacy report

taiji legacy report

I want updates people

how did everyone do?
    got pics?

how did your lady programs go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

clips clips clips

k

update in a bit

soon

about darn time someone answered this thread. nice SC.

how did you place?

is that wushu eagle claw you do or traditional?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

taiji legacy

(posted earlier in ora)

hung out with enpee, i punked out on the superman ride @ six flags
    met meatshake ,he seemed pretty cool. (he took a pic of cpa to show folks they weren't split personalities.
    unfortunately did not get to see his (meat shakes) shui chio
    they postponed his match till late on saturday
    and i had an early flight today back to denver sunday morning so i had to bounce outta there earlyish.
    also met gene and, philbert, sow choy ,glw
    and a bunch of other cool people,
    texas is fun , i love the climate
    and from what i saw in dallas the girls seemed mighty pretty.

well, that's it for now.
    i hope everyone did well, and had fun.
    peace

(update)

I believe NP won 2 gold ,int. ( sabre , and open weapon {fan})
    I think Meatshake won Bronze , (Shui Chio)
    I got 2 gold adv.(eagle & open empty hand) 1 bronze (longfist)

traditional.

Thumbs up

cool
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Last Friday, I was scheduled to fly out of OAK at 10:15AM to Dallas, TX, my least favorite state on American, for a huge Chinese martial arts tournament that I’ve been covering for several years now. We were told our airplane had a broken pump and was in repairs. Since Dallas is a hub for American, and the following flights were very full, all the transfers had priority and I was bumped. I was shuttled to SFO for a 5:00PM with six other wayward travelers with Dallas final destinations. Our shuttle got a flat, so we had to hustle a second shuttle. I was reading Sartre’s No Exit for the first time – it’s an existential play about being in hell – too fitting, almost prophetic. I came into Dallas after midnight – everything was closed and I missed my ride, and of course, I forgot where I was going. There I was, abandoned in a desolate airport, with no cell and a lot of broken pay phones, in the sweltering state that brought Dubya, and I’m thinking in a week, I must be on the banks of Eel river to soak up the irie vibe supervising the psych crew at www.reggaeontheriver.com.

Five days to go: working for the next day;

Dallas was blazing hot, but the venue AC was so high it was chilly. The tournament was a hell of a lot of work, as always, but it was great to meet and hang out with NP, Philbert, Meat Shake and Starchaser. I was very pleasantly delighted to discover that our member actually have some skill and are not the web poseurs that I often imagine them to be. I had to rise at 7:00AM Dallas time – the fights went late so I didn’t get back to my hotel until 1:30AM – I was going to go out drinking with sow choy but passed out as I was waiting for my camera batteries to recharge.

Four days to go: working for the next day;

Did your read the news Sunday morning? American airlines went offline for two hours that morning. Remember I said Dallas is a hub? I should also mention here that it is under construction. I’ve never been through a more chaotic experience – hordes of people, every single one at least two hours late, gates closed (a plane arrived into the gate I was trying to get in on standby and the workers had no idea which plane it was – they were so stressed and confused), flights were being cancelled at the gates only minutes before boarding, people were angry, uncomfortable, freaking out, few chairs due to construction, it was madness. I got to bed at 3:30AM this morning.

Say we got: three days to go now: working for the next day;

Back in the office. My email server is still malfunctioning, but it’s sort of a blessing. I have to sift through some 5000+ spams after this.

Two days to go (ooh): working for the next day, yeah.

Tomorrow, I’ll make a serious effort to catch up at work. Next week is our ad close, which means submission deadline will put the crunch on right when I get back from wokring the music festival. But it's my charity work. Got to do the good work. I don't beleive you're a true Kung Fu man unless you're doing something for charity.

Say we got: one day to go: working for the –
    Every day is work

By the way, did I mention that my wife is repainting and recarpeting our house? See, this is what happens when my wife finishes her MA and is left with too much free time. All our furniture is strewn across the house, stacks upon stack of books, rooms that still need to be cleared, and the week after the festival, she’s taking off to Tassajara Zen center for a massage gig she has for a week, leaving me as a single dad. So I might be a little vacant here on the forum for a while, but I'll check in when I can. No rest for the wicked, you know...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene

Gene I love the Rasta Fanny Pack........ I did not want bother you you looked pretty busy. I was one of the judges in the N. Praying Mantis division. I think I saw Meat as well. Did you have the Kangol Hat on? Anyway it was good to at least see some people.

Shen Zhou
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

hmmnn..
    wasn't n. preying mantis and eagle claw the same ring. or did u guys switch panels?

Yeah

Yeah that was me............ I think I judged you in forms........
    "Learn to see a persons weak spots; even if a ready or on position is used."
    Lai Sifu

if that's the case then , you did.
    i was wondering where you were
    for some reason i was under the impression thtat you were competing so it didn't cross my mind to think you'd be judging.

judge?

was this you in the far left ?