"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't do bodyweight exercises
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

Nice, but what are you doing reading a thread like that? The first page is ghey .

Know what? I'm almost more impressed by the spotter unracking the bar himself (shirtless pic). Why the **** aren't 17 other guys standing around helping? The other guy left of screen is walking away and there's no guy on the far side of the bar. What's up with that? I'd be at least interested enough to watch, but more so (if I was lifting) I'd want a bunch of spotters.

But yeah, nice lifts.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

LOOK HOW **** THICK SCOTT MENDELSON IS. T-Muscle told me (no ****) that this guy can't even get the bar down to his chest without at least 500 pounds on it, and that's not because of the shirt. I guess it's due to his pecs and shoulders being so tight! I wonder if they intentionally keep from stretching their pecs and stuff to keep that muscle-loading advantage at the bottom of their lifts? Anyone know? It may just be from the pure thickness of his rear delts and traps that he can't get his shoulders extended in horizontal abduction, though.
    Tom said Mo actually got a ****ing nose bleed from lifting the bar off to hand it to him.
    While we're on the subject, let me point out again how dumb lifting suits are. Sometimes you can't even lower the weight if it's too light because the suits are too stiff. ****. I can lift a car if I have a hydraulic jack .

Now, with that being said, wearing a suit doesn't make it "easy" to lift so all the anti-weight people who want to come in here and go "blah blah blah, anyone could do that wearing a suit" don't bother. You have to train differently when you wear a suit.

But suits are still dumb.

But seeing huge poundages moved is cool.

But the only thing allowed at a meet should be chalk.

And spotters.
    Last edited by IronFist; 08-03-2004 at 08:39 PM.

Originally posted by IronFist
    I heard one of the guys got a bloody nose from helping him lift the weight off the rack or something.
    Uhhh yeah. You quoted the bit where it says that.

Doesn't it also say that he benches 800lb without a shirt? So obviously the shirt helps heaps, but it's not like he's a ***** .

Wait until the "weights make you inflexible" crowd reads the bit about the tight chest .
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo

Originally posted by Toby
    Wait until the "weights make you inflexible" crowd reads the bit about the tight chest .
    Wait til the "bodyweight exercises are superior" crowd says they can bench that much, too, because they do 500 pushups a day.

Holy sh*t, that is insane.. With those two spotters on the side, and the middle spotter poppin veins out all over, I reckon it's not just the dude on the bench doing the work (not to sound like a conspiracy theorist , but still impressive..