Thread: New martial arts programme for UK TV viewers

New martial arts programme for UK TV viewers

Alright you lucky people, do not miss this series on digital channel BBC3:

Mind, Body & Kick Ass Moves

Martial arts expert Chris Crudelli travels through China, Japan and the Philippines in his search for the original Masters of martial arts disciplines. He learns about ninja, tai qi, kung fu, the deadly dim mak and many more.

Note that from the descriptions, the first episodes probably feature sifu Yip Chun.

Episodes
    Episodes 1 & 2
    Monday 9 August, 9pm
    Monday 9 August, 9.30pm

Episodes 3 & 4
    Monday 16 August, 9.00pm
    Monday 16 August, 9.30pm

Episodes 5 & 6
    Monday 23 August, 9.00pm
    Monday 23 August, 9.30pm

Episodes 7 & 8
    Monday 30 August, 9.00pm
    Monday 30 August, 9.30pm

Episodes 9 & 10
    Monday 6 September, 9.00pm
    Monday 6 September, 9.30pm

Topics covered

China: Yang Style Tai Qi (Chi), Liang Yi Dian Xue Gong Fu (Dim Mak), Wushu

Hong Kong: Shen Gong (Spirit channeling), Chow Gar (Southern) Praying Mantis, Wing Chun, Wing Tsun, Fut Gar Kung Fu

Japan: Yabusame, Ninjutsu, Shintaido-ryu, Komagawa kaishin-ryu

Philippines: Pekiti Tirsia Kali, Modern Arnis / Kombatan, Bakbakan International (Kali Illustrisimo), Haring Bakal Group

Taiwan: San Da, Taipei's Fight Club, Taiwan Shaolin Temple Wushu Association, Iron Crotch Qigong (Jiu Jiu Shen Gong)

Unfortunately, I don’t have digital channel, nor do I have the time to watch TV during conventional hours. Would it be possible for any one to record the programmes for me? I will pay for postage & tape.

Thanks

I will definately be watching that!! Although it is on when I am at my Wing chun class so I will have to tape it or watch the repeats. It loks very interested though.
    'We never stop learning'

I will definately be watching that!! Although it is on when I am at my Wing chun class so I will have to tape it or watch the repeats. It loks very interested though.
    'We never stop learning'

i for one am taping it
    so if i find out how to make a copy of the tape
    theres a possibility i could send you a copy.
    btw, it was great to see ip chun on the second episode, chris crudelli did a great job of explaining wing chun so briefly and made it sound like the kick ass it is so well done chris!
    some of leung ting students looked pretty handy too.
    and it was also great hearing leung ting talk about why we shouldnt do any weight lifting.
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

One question, when I read the episode synopsis it mentioned that he goes and talks to masters of Wing Chun and then masters of Wing Tsun. (isn't that the same thing??)
    Last edited by Hungfutkune; 08-16-2004 at 05:29 AM.

Originally posted by Hungfutkune
    One question, when I read the episode synopsis it mentioned that he goes and talks to masters of Wing Chun and then masters of Wing Tsun. (isn't that the same thing??)
    Theoretically yes, but it seems that there is a lot of variation between the Wing Chun of grandmaster Yip Man's students.

The Wing Chun master interviewed is on the programme grandmaster Yip Man's son, Yip Chun. The Wing Tsun master is Yip Man's student, Leung Ting, who has one of the largest organisations in the WC/WT world.