Thread: nice silat vid

Thumbs up nice silat vid

Mubai fighting arts

the high art of chivalry

This has interesting stuff on muslim fighting arts. Some real brutal techniques, with a focus on offense.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Just wondering but what is the point of stabbing someone in the groin after you already slit their throat. If I wanted to be mean i would reverse the order but that is just me

those links : look really badass
    Last edited by Starchaser107; 08-05-2004 at 04:58 PM.

i think the matter of stabbing multiple times and ares is about finishing. and follow through,
    just because you attack one area doesnt mean the tech always comes through.
    i don't think wether or not something is "mean" comes into play when fighting for ones life.
    it either works or you're in deep doo doo.

Good stuff man. Speaking of Muslim arts, many of the Northern Chinese boxing arts (particularly Chang-Chuan variants), were developed by Chinese Muslims. Good stuff.
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

wow, junny positive to anything related to muslims? I'm surprised, even though I think this is yet another trolling attempt. Nice to see that no one is biting. And yes, those are good vids.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Silat is what they had in the movie Hunter with benico del torror and tommy lee jones right? those were some good fight scenes. pretty realistic and not far fetched, i liked that movie for that aspect of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Thumbs up

I liked The Hunted for the very same reasons. Also, on the official movie site they had some Silat or Kali instructors demonstrating techs.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

The Hunted was choreographed with Sayoc Kali.

I liked the music. And the moves.
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Yeah, I believe The Hunted had some of the most realistic fight scenes in a long time.
    As always, stay strong, and keep an open mind...

definatly

Nice Sayoc Kali Knife Template:

http://sayoc.com/mpegs/3of9mult.wmv
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

is that a fat camp for knife fighters? lol

man, those guys were fat, I'll bet I could outrun them.
    Kung Fu is good for you.