Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost got into a bar fight tonight

Almost got into a bar fight tonight

Ok, it was a freind, of a freind, drunk, and on "something". He got hostile, I stood up in between them, and put my right hand on his left shoulder (like one half of Hold the ball in Taiji Quan), and my other up to cover his allready chambred right fist.

It was about to start rocking, when I saw that I could probably disfuse things by dropping my guard (Leaving me wide open for a hard shot to the head), and saying "it's not worth it, let it go".

I did this, and for a split second envisioned getting myself knocked out for it. Between me, and the girl I was with, we did manage to clam him down though, so it worked out ok (She used to date him, and knew what, and how to say things). But for those seconds wile I had my guard down, even though he calmed a bit, I was really scared that I just made a major mistake. He would have had me if he wanted.

In the end, it turned out that I read the situation correctly, he only wanted to fight me because I was showing force by physically stepping between the two with my hands up and ready (He would have clocked the other person if I haden't though). By dropping my guard (Left side only, I kept the right up (my lead side here), and in contact with him to listen to his body language), I relaxed things a bit.

Anyone have any thoughts on situations like this? I could have stepped off to my left, and used something similar to Diagonal Cut to slam him in to the bar, and there would have been no question that way. But then I would have HAD to hurt him. There would have been no going back then. By doing what I did, I left myself way too open. I had real fear there for a few moments.

I was set to make him eat an elbow if something happened, BUT chances are I wouldn't have pulled it off soon enough with my left hand down and not jambing the incomming fist. Not to mention my ability to pull off the Diagonal Cut was dependant on me having my left guard up to controll his arm, and it wasn't

Comments anyone??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Good outcome.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Talking is a good way to difusing situations. Saying like: ''calm down, I'm not gonna fight you'',
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

re

"This is why no one will remember your name"
    -Archilles, Troy

if you're going to leave your guard open , with intention not to fight, it's probably a good idea to prepare anyway....... and know at what point you'll move and exactly what that'll be...... obviously different for each situation and person. ... why sparring and other drills are so important..............

To break up a fight...it's advisable to verbally diffuse it from a distance...if shiet hits the fan then bear hug from behind will work. I will never drop my guard or allow sum1 to get into punching range simply cause I have a GLASS JAW. Most near fights encounter I was scared shietless but I acted like a NUTCASE which scared off the bigger guys. Funny but it works...I found when u act passive it encourages arrogance...but since this is between friends...different situation.
    A

did you almost get laid afterwards too ?

I almost got drunk last night, but I was drinking low carb lo-cal beer...funny that, I just couldn't get drunk!

Oh well....

here's me being facetious!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

no doubt I'll get trolled big time for this comment, however, how many 'd be prepared to cop a hit to prevent a more serious situation that return violence could escalate to???.............. maybe I should poll on it........ A. take it ( providing it 'll be likely to difuse the situation), everyone walks away nice and happy like ( call it a morality / constitution raiser), B. fight back and maybe have a serious injury from either side to deal with, or C. go for the lock, hold and or throw and still cause what may've been uneccessary harm?????

Kung Lek,
    NO! The girl I was out with is one of my oldest freinds, AND my best freinds wife. No intrest in anything sexual with her (not that she doesn't have the looks, just won't go there with her).

To break up a fight...it's advisable to verbally diffuse it from a distance...if shiet hits the fan then bear hug from behind will work.

Reply]
    I was at the bar stool between them (sort of), no way for that to have worked. He would have hit her if I hadn't stepped up. I almost wasn't fast enough to stop it as it was. The guy in question here was fighting mad, drunk, and on something else (I have no idea what). He was feeling no pain, angry as all he-ll and ****ED because me AND the girl I was with were holding him back. Not to mention he has a rep. for being a bruta fighter. He fought 3 guys to the floor a few years ago. He was the only one standing afterwards. I still had postion on him though. So long as I stayed close enough to keep him out of his striking range I would have been OK I think.

The Girl I was with was doing the verbal difusing. Everything I said, no matter how calm, seemed to aggrivate him more. Her and I had to work as a team on this project.

if you're going to leave your guard open , with intention not to fight, it's probably a good idea to prepare anyway.......

Reply]
    Yeah, I was prepared sort of, BUT he's got fists that are hard as rocks, and I took the gamble. I had real fear. I had visions of getting my teeth knocked out. If he had hit me, I would have gone down for sure. He has excellent natural striking skills for someone relatively untrained. In fact THIS guy could out fight alot of people who have a good amount of training under them. Plus I intentionally dropped my guard becasue I thought it may difuse him (Which it did thank God), so I, in effect, could not be prepared enough by doing that, even though mentally I was ready to rock with him.

So long as I kept my guard up, so he couldn't have hit me, I would have been just fine. I had position on him from the start. I stayed close enough, and already had his inside. There was no real room for him to get a strike in as close as I was, so long as I kept him jamed up. I had contoll of both his shoulders, and his right elbow untill I dropped my left arm. What I did by doing that was hand him the first shot if he wanted it, thank God he didn't take it.

If it had been someone I didn't know, It may have been different. I don't think I would have done that. Not that I wasn't in real danger, especially considering he was in no way rational. I'm not good freinds with this guy or anything. It's just that he's part of my social circle. Hurting him would have been real bad.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Re: Almost got into a bar fight tonight

Actually, here's another way you could have handled it:

put my right hand on his left shoulder
    Since your hand was already on his shoulder you could have easily moved it to deliver a titty twister and he probably wouldn't noticed until it was too late.

and saying "it's not worth it, let it go".
    You could have said "haha, you have a small *****" instead.

In fact, that probably would have defused the situation because titty twisters + having your manhood insulted in front of a girl will pretty much make anyone cry like a baby.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

LOL!!

For the Women:

+ = & a

Well, just got a call from the guy in question, he apologised for getting all hostile with me (at one point he threw his beer at me, and I got soaked from head to foot practically).

I think the Girl I was with promted him to do so though [apologise]. She took him home with her last night, and put him on the couch. I think he just woke up.

For the Women:

+ = & a

you should have just punched him in the face and urinated on the bloody mess

but good outcome none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I was comptemplateing a good joint wreacking Chin na.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    I was comptemplateing a good joint wreacking Chin na.

did it involve slapping him and challenging him to a duel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.