Thread: this is ****ing me off

kwokfist Guest

this is ****ing me off

I need to relax. This article is going no where fast.

atsai Guest
    which article?

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art Tsai " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

soy Guest
    That one! *points*

apoweyn Guest
    kwokfist,

have you found a listing of capoeira teachers in the area? checked the local universities to see if they have clubs? the local gyms? (some health clubs now offer capoeira, though probably predominantly in California.)

Stuart B.

krome Guest
    I remeber reading about this guy who knew Capoeira and Brazilian Jiu jitsu. He supposedly mixed the two styles and won some vale tudo or NHB matches. I wish I had the dude's name. Oh well good luck on your quest kwok.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

apoweyn Guest
    krome,

I think you're thinking of Marco Ruas. I understand he did capoeira, though I never recognized any elements of it in what little I saw of his fights.

Stuart B.

krome Guest
    Nah, I think it was someone not as famous. All the dude knew was Cap and BJJ. Oh well I guess we'll find out one day.

Use what works not what looks pretty.

apoweyn Guest
    ah well. sorry. i tried. :)

stuart b.

Tigerstyle Guest
    I read that Pedro Rizzo did Capoeira for about 10 years when he was younger. He later moved to Muay Thai and BJJ under Marco Ruas (I believe). He has an impressive MMA record, too.

Jaguar Wong Guest
    You liar, where did you read that?!? and why didn't you share? :mad:

Jaguar Wong

Tigerstyle Guest
    I think I read it in Black Belt Magazine, and I believe I did tell you in person a few months ago.

I didn't bring it up here at KFO, because lots of people here make fun of Black Belt and Inside Kung Fu Magazine, so I didn't want people to think I was some geek that still read and enjoyed those two publications. Too late now.

At least I still have their respect with my video game skills...

DragonzRage Guest
    Rizzo and Ruas...capoeira fighters?? LOL~!

"The UFC spawned a new breed of "mixed martial artists." World-class wrestlers learned to kickbox. Champion kickboxers learned to grapple. (The karate experts learned to stay home.)"

apoweyn Guest
    DragonzRage,

Ruas and Rizzo practiced capoeira. I said I saw little evidence of it in his UFC appearances. Tiger said that Rizzo did it when he was younger but they switched to muay thai.

The point is that two fighters cited a capoeira background but that it wasn't obvious in their performances.