Thread: food poisoning

food poisoning

what do you do if you think you've got mild food poisoning?
    ________
    Buy vaporizer
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Hi stubbs,

See a doctor immediately and, if possible, take the remaining food with you. You need to find out what kind of food poisoning that you were exposed to.

mickey

There's nothing "mild" about food poisoning. I had food poisoning once. I lost 15 pounds in 3 days. I thought I was going to die. My Dad also had food poisoning once and he almost did die.

So if you're not sure if you have food poisoning or not then you probably don't.

Couldn't hurt to get checked out though.

GO TO THE DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY!!!! NO SUCH THING AS MILD FOOD POISONING. IF IT IS REAL CASE OF FOOD POISONING, THEN IT IS NO JOKE AND VERY SERIOUS AND CAN BE DEADLY. AGAIN PLEASE GO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION.
    Bao Tran, Certified CST Coach
    www.cstwarrior.typepad.com
    Your Success is our Success

argh

Yes, like others have said you need to go to the doctor/emergency room.

I don't know for sure if this was food poisoning or E. Coli, but I will recount this and maybe someone can tell me ha.
    This was a few years back I was at Mnt. Tremblant QC with my GF and we had a dinner at some pizza joint where I had a panzerroti/calzone. I think this is where I got sick. Anyhow, the next day we got up and hiked and did outdoor stuff for the morning. I felt fine. We had lunch and took a nap. I woke up around 2 with what felt like serious stabbing into my stomach. Sometimes you get this and it goes away for a bit, then it comes back, then you go to the bathroom and all is well. Well this was super violent and i was feeling super naucious (sp). Well within 5 minutes of feeling this I was in the bathroom puking my guts out. Then 2 minutes after that I was on the can puking my a$$ out. This went on, for no joke 6 hours. I was puking NOTHING at points. My GF got pepto bismol and that was expelled in like 5 mintues. I was barfing up water that I had drank!
    Finally i was over the toilet and all of a sudden my body completely shut down. I got extremely hot (liek burning hot) and was seeing bright white and I slumped into the corner of the bathroom. Then, Imagine what it would look like for a highrise building to lose power ... how you could see all the floors lights go off until it's all gone. That's what it felt like and I just lay there on teh floor completely exhausted. I could hardly stand and was totally out of breath. I imagine this what complete dehydration feels like. Anyhow I felt better in terms of the sickness after this, but it came back after 10 mins and at that point I had had enough and we drove back to Mtl and went to the hospital where I was hooked up ot IV and got some medicine and whatnot.

Anyhow, if your story is anything like that go right to the hospital HAHA

Re: food poisoning

Originally posted by stubbs
    what do you do if you think you've got mild food poisoning?

I mostly puke and **** a lot.

usually, what seems like food posioning is usually just something intestinal.

I thought I had food poisoning last year, I mean in an hour I had stuff coming out both hands...I felt like some sort of sprinler trying to turn aorund fast enough to keep everything contained in the porcelain bowl. It took about a week to get over.

A month later it happened again so I went to the doctor and it turned out to be some sort of intestinal virus that had re-occurred.

also, keep in mind food poisoning occurs very quickly after eating, usually within the hour.

Seeing how we're telling war stories, here's what happened with me.

Some friends and I were skiing in the Poconoes in Pensylvania. We were coming back along the PA turnpike and stopped at one of those McDonalds/rest stops. Me and another friend had the chicken nuggets. In retrospect, this was a bad idea. Anyway, I get home about an hour later and I'm laying on the living room floor complaining about how I don't feel very good. My Mom says "why don't you take a shower, you'll probably feel better". So I go in to the bathroom to take a shower. As I'm stepping into the shower I catch a glance of myself in the mirror and I notice that my stomach is extremely bloated and pushed out. All I can think is "Oh no!". Minutes later I threw up. An hour later, I threw up. I threw up every hour on the hour for the next 12 hours. I remember sitting in a chair in my living room waiting to throw up again. I also remember thinking that I might die. I didn't go to the hospital and I didn't die. After the 12 hour throw up marathon I was able to hold down some food. I was extremely week for 3 days. I slowly regained my strength and went back to work. I worked with the friend that also ate the chicken nuggets and he had a similar story. In that 3 day time periode I lost 15 pounds.

jack in the box back in the early '90s + my buddha = bloody diarrhea and intestinal cramps that would frighten a woman in labor. e coli is NOT my friend.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

False alarm - just think it was something disagreeing with me. still spent the best part of 2 days in the toilet tho!! today i didn't feel too bad apart from being dehydrated and having a *****ly feeling in my skin
    ________
    Daihatsu rugger
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Hi stubbs,

That does not read like a false alarm. Be careful with yourself. I still suggest that you go see a doctor.

mickey

Slightly OT

But too weirdly Chinese not to post somewhere here on the forum.

Changchun dude pays his bills by putting poisonous creatures in his mouth, sometimes they bite back

We all have our interests, our obsessions. For one Changchun man those just happen to be various varieties of poisonous animals.

Over the past seven years, Tian Jiashi has raised dozens of poisonous pets. His absolute favs are snakes, scorpions and centipedes. While he would just do it for the love, it is part of his profession as well, Tian has given thousands of performances with his deadly little friends.

It seems like a key component of his act is placing the dangerous creatures inside his mouth, to shock audiences and maybe clean off a little plaque in the process.

Tian admits that over the years he has been bitten several hundred times and some of the bites were even life threatening, but nothing so bad yet to make him want to give up on his one true love.

Just in case some of these pics are making you hungry:

[Images via NetEase]
    Contact the author of this article or email tips@shanghaiist.com with further questions, comments or tips.
    By Alex Linder in News on Nov 19, 2015 5:00 P
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dem socks though eh?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Omg

How did I not notice those the first time?

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart