Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Thai kicking form (pic)

Leave it "leaned" in the position you kicked in. You can also tuck or kinda bob/duck your head back onto your shoulders as you follow up on the kick or move afterwards.

I think 7* meant a straight right as in a cross? Otherwise he might have said teep or push kick, which is also a standard counter or defense to the big sabre kick.

You really need to work the mitts or pads to develop the head movement and proper guard position/motions. IMO.

strike!

hang out there for a split second, bob and weave back into place, etc. just don't go directly back as he's expecting and timing for it.

EDIT: yeah, I was referring to a cross.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

here is an example of perfect form for a roundhouse kick. This is my teacher showing us how to kick properly. although much higer than a thigh kick I think you get the picture
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I usually circle out after contact. I'm right lead so if i kick with my lead leg *right leg* after contact i circle to his left and back to keep my head out of danger.
    Tapped Out

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    here is an example of perfect form for a roundhouse kick. This is my teacher showing us how to kick properly. although much higer than a thigh kick I think you get the picture
    nice

Originally posted by EarthDragon
    that may vary from style to style... is that perfect form according to mantis stylists?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

i thought it was a joke seven, but i could be wrong.
    where's my beer?

From the "He kicks harder than you do " list check out some of Marvin Perry's round kicks in the second clip from the top. Also a nice finishing round kick by Tara MacDonald in the second from the bottom and Russ Middleton KO in the bottom highlight clip. I guess Marvin did not put up his clip of the round kick that broke Tim Shelton's arm in 2002 up on his page. Marvin tends to not use the counter rotation much but he is a freak and does not need more power anyway.
    "Information is power"

www.Boston-Kickboxing.com

Notice the counter rotation using the lead arm, and the left arm still guarding (in the mantis pic).

He must have been preparing for his grudge match with Kareem...
    Cut the tiny testicles off of both of these rich, out-of-touch sumbiches, crush kill and destroy the Electoral College, wipe clean from the Earth the stain of our corrupt politicians, and elect me as the new president. --Vash

No, only his hand is by his side, the body is straight and leaning in line with the kick.

There is no counter rotation.

Kicking with such good form so high would make any kick below it effortless and fast.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 08-17-2004 at 08:28 AM.

as I said - perfect form according to whom? His form is good, but by thai kicking standards, is wrong.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

It doesn't make thai standard right either. Its not wrong, its just different.

I didn't say it was wrong period - I said his form was good. It is wrong according to a thai standard. Naturally there is no universal right or wrong in that instance.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter