Thread: Xiao Kaimen/Pai An

Smile Xiao Kaimen/Pai An

This clip was filmed last winter when Crystal just finished learning the basic version. So this is the basic version that I teach. Other such as the Pai An Sao Tang (floor sweeping) is taught later.

As I have said in other threads concerning Pai An, we call this Xiao Kaimen (little open door) in CCK TCPM. For demo purposes we did 3 repetitions in a roll and then performed the Da Kaimen as the connecting piece.

This version in the most part are similar to MantisCool's version except for the last section where our version here is bascially Wai Gua Shou with 2 Furen Jiao (axe bladed kick).

Da Kaimen is usually taught as a seperate drill but here I used it as a connecter. The main technique here is the elbow check and return punch. I don't think this part is generally taught anymore but I have seen a similar version from GM Han Hsingtang's group (?).

As MantisCool adeptly pointed out before that the last section could be other pieces of drills where kicks and other techniques could be added.

Hope you all enjoy. Please feel free to comment and discuss.

Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ooops, was the link coming later???
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Red face Oops...

Here's the link:

Xiao Kaimen/Pai An

Warm regards

Mantis108

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

wow, very different from what I've been shown as our basic version.

I know that the PL version is held close to the chest so we will have to get Shrfu Scolaro's ok to post.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Robert,

Thank you for this visual, very nice! Seeing we are sort of cousins I`m curious about our relationship with these drills.

Oso,

What I saw MantisCool do is very close to what we do, yes no maybe so?! Pai An is high on my list to talk to Master Shr about.

yu, I missed MC's clip, will go try and find it.

Oso,
    it's the fourth post on Mantis Videos Thread or directly linked:

http://www.tanglang.info/clips/Pai%20An.wmv

Smile HI YuShan, Oso

Thanks, glad you enjoy it. There is definitely a relationship between CCK TCPM and Ponglai since Shrfu Shr visited and learned from GM Chiu arround '89 & '90. I know through Kevin that Shrfu Shr taught a few TCPM forms. Roger Law, who is a long time student of GM Chiu, remembers Shrfu Shr really well. So yes we are cousins of sort.

I am curious about your version of Pai An as well. Hope to see it soon. It is always great to compare notes.

Warm regards

Robert

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Originally posted by puja
    Oso,
    it's the fourth post on Mantis Videos Thread or directly linked:

http://www.tanglang.info/clips/Pai%20An.wmv
    This one looks like Pai An, as I learned it.
    ------------------------------
    Ever since I was a lad
    I was an automatic
    mad mantis fanatic.
    I became a man
    manically attached to it...
    Could it be,
    it attached to ME?!?!!
    --------------------------------
    Herminio Alvarez, Jr.

got it...thanks, puja.

It does look more what I've learned. Still only have the basic level of Pong Lai's...maybe more in a couple of weeks...

clip

it is similar, a few things we do different with it.

Robert, can you make it to master shr's seminar?

Smile Hi 18elders,

I wish I could afford to go (mainly it is about the time element). It is a rare oppotunity to be able to learn from a high calibur master such as Shrfu Shr. From what I understand from Kevin, the forms are rare as well. Also missing out a great time to hang out with the Ponglai USA group is yet another lost for me. Hopefully in the future we shall meet and train.

Warm regards

Robert

對敵交手歌訣

妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Hey, could somebody translate Xiao Kaimen and Pai An ?

Oso,

Xiao Kaimen is "little open door", like Robert already told in his first post
    Pai An is "slap press" (that's also Robert's translation from the "Strike and Press/Trapping hands"-Thread)

Best regards,

Puja

doh !

thanks