Thread: Ball of Chi

Ball of Chi

Hi everyone,

I have developed my ball of chi between the hands and now can feel contractions and expansions between my palms when i breathe in and out.

What is the next stage in this development? How can I apply this power does anyone know?

S
    Black Mantis

There are 3 basic ways.

1) Peng-Anh. Your lower hand moves upward, outward and forward, the palm side facing you in the end at the shoulder level and at the same time, the hand on top moves downward to Anh.

2) Parting wild horse mane.

3) White crane spreading wing.

Last edited by SPJ; 08-21-2004 at 05:56 AM.

You should be able to use this in all your movements now. You have the feeling of fullness, now when you do your applications, make sure you keep that full feeling yet relaxed.

The movement SPJ described is a beautiful movement, although I am not a TC person. Say as someone strikes at you, you can blow that ball up with your palm contacting their shoulder, thus 'sourcing' their punch, which will lose 90% of it's power. Of course, while palming them to the face!

From a rear bear hug attempt, you can form this posture, the ball, as you rotate around to face them or throw them. This shape is extreemly hard to hold onto, really almost impossible, and the turn, if you keep the ball with both hand, is extreemly whole body powerful. It is take the other person off their feet when done correctly. San Ti posture can the exact same thing in Xingyi for this same application. Let me stress, don't do it like a robot, but keep the general idea and keep it alive.

Full of Hot Chi!!

Good posts.

Once you are done with the three.

The three basics are to practice to move both hands in opposing directions in a circle or a ball.

You may practice:

4) Ti-Anh.
    Raise both arms together up to the shoulder level. And both palms facing forward and downward, bring them toward you and then move forward and downward circularly away from you. You are drawing a vertical circle in front of your chest/abdomen.

5) Cloudy Hands (Yun Shou).

You are drawing a horizontal circle from the Left to the right and then from the right to the left at the shoulder level. Remember to rotate your waist. Use your waist to guide your movements.

Last edited by SPJ; 08-21-2004 at 05:56 AM.