Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instructor caught lying. What would you do?

Instructor caught lying. What would you do?

What would you do if you catch your instructor lying about very important things that make up who he is, where he learned from or where he came from? Names will not be mentioned but a CMA instructor was caught lying about titles given to him and where he learned from, going as far as claiming to have instructed in monasteries in China during childhood - later proven to be false. Brags about being the best student his instructor had and bad mouths about all the others now teaching the same art from his school.

After finding untrue claims about your instructor such as the above mentioned, would you still stick with him or would you switch to a different school?

-X-

get out and leave it behind, including any bitterness. You are free and ex-instructor is trapped by his own lies.

Cody
    "The truth is more important than the facts." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
    "The weight of the sun doesn't keep it from rising." (Cody)

Cody = wise
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I would say you should have and should in the future do your homework better on whom you put your live and money in the hands of. As for what to do about it, its your choice on what facts you have at hand. I am sure each circumstance is different.
    Pacific Eskrima Academy
    Tacosa Cadena Eskrima

www.tacosa.com
    www.komudokwan.com/escrima.html

Futshan Bak Mei Pai Disciple of Sifu Li Yang Jian of Foshan China under Lau Xiu Luang Lineage, Buddhist Bak Mei!
    www.komudokwan.com/FutshanBakmeiPai.htm

Leave him by all means. However, I would make sure that the truth became common knowledge to all, including HIS instructor and school brothers as well as any current and potential students.

If he can't stand on his own merit and his actual rank/ titles, then he has no business teaching the next generation and propogating his lies.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

If you decide to tell others though, make sure you have solid evidence first.

I would start a Nation wide movement dedicated to exposeing his fraud and get him shut down.............................................. ......................................Oh wait, I already did that to OYD/Chung Moo Quan (Cost them more schools than can be counted too!!)
    Last edited by Royal Dragon; 08-22-2004 at 03:01 PM.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I like to steer clear of anybody claiming to teach in "monistaries or temples" these days. Unless of course they are well recongized like the shaolin monks or the wudang guy here in the USA.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

I agree, especially if it's a White guy making the claim.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Are we actually talking about a real Chinese Martial Arts instructor, or simply a Kempo instructor who claims to be the US Representative for Shaolin, and goes on tours to China, and trains with Shi-(your name here) learning bad wu-shu, under the guise of Kung-Fu? Because if it's the latter, just walk on and be glad you are that much smarter. If it's the former...well then just walk on and be glad you are that much smarter!
    It does no use to start a smear campaign, because the general public WANTS guys like these. They want to think they are learning the exact stuff that Kwai Chang-Caine did, and you ain't gonna burst their bubbles. Hmmm, then again, Royal Dragon says he was successful. Can you elaborate? I know of a few "Shaolin" phonies who I would love to see fall by the wayside.

I agree, especially if it's a White guy making the claim.
    you think asians are immune to bullsh.itting? lol

because they aren't and there are a whole lot of bs no kungfu asians running around out there along with all the other crackpots white or not.

In any unregulated, unorganized type of event structure, you are gonna have people who capatilize on the ignorance of others.

Unfortunately, there is no greater pool of ignorant people than aspiring martial artists excited from their first jet li flick. lol

sad to say it, but there you have it.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I started speakng out against Chung Moo Quan years ago, and a huge following of people woke up because of me, and began to speak out against them too. Soon schools across the country were closing, and breaking away from the cult of CMQ.

We now have a loose organisation of people all learning new REAL styles. We talk, meet on ocasion and share ideas.

I'm passing Wu Bu Chuan to a school owner this week (if all goes well) to teach as a replacement for Chung moo's basic stance sets. He will then pass it on to everyone else who is looking to replace the Chung Moo quan curriculem with legit material one step at a time.

If all goes well, I will be teaching sets to former Chung Moo guys on a semi regular basis starting next year sometime.

Mean while, the actual Chung moo Quan schools (Now called Oom Yung Doe) are suffering badly. Schools close, relocate and basically are dieing a slow death because of what I started.

I'm not sayng I did intentionally. I just spoke my mind, talked abuot my experiances and exposed the BS. Those smart enough to listen did so, became enraged and followed my lead.

As a lose network now, we convert people out of the cult on a regular basis, and have been for several years now.

For the Women:

+ = & a

would it be possible for you to take care of the "temple kungfu" issue? lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The best will not claim himself the best.

The more you know, the humbler you are.

Usually teachers speak of the greatness of their teachers.

My teachers seldom talk about themself or their classmates.

Are these clues helpful?

Half empty bottle makes loud noises.

While a full bottle makes no noises.

I wasn't personally involved with Temple Kung Fu. One of thier guys would have to do it.

Also, I don't think that kind of thing can be planned. You have to speak from your heart and what happens happens. To set out intentionally to undermind a group I think would lead to failure. People can tell the difference.

For the Women:

+ = & a