Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fake XingYi.

Yeah, that's how we do that in drilling fist. The application is hooking someones arm and opening their guard.

Hau Tien - Thanks! That fixed it no problem.

Apostol - Brave soul you are. Hey a few thoughts here. First, thanks for showing us your fists.

A little feedback on your footwork. You may do this intentionally, but be 'aware' that your feet after the recovery step finish in an exact straight line, even almost crossing. Your back foot recovers behind or even slightly inside your front foot. This leaves you very unstable with any side pressure. You may want to integrate a little more space in your stance between the legs.

On wood more than the others, I don't really see a lot of turning of the waist to move your arms into the strike. You do better on this with Pi, but just be aware of your body when doing wood.

On the whip and Pao, it seems that your elbows are are maybe a little far outside or rather, lifted up. It think you could sink them down some.

Yeah my Beng has improved since the video, I'll do a new video soon.

If anything, i think you might be going a bit too fast (unless you're just doing it for demo's sake). I've been doing XY for months but i'm still doing most of the stuff slowly just to pay attention to detail.

First of all, big ups for putting your video up. Don't take what I have to say next as a diss, but please don't talk **** about Serge Augier, it makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about. And after seeing your clip...

Thumbs down the first vid that was shown

he was too rigid and not flowing enough,,,he over extended himself,,,was going through just the motions with out any real intent in the moves. i certainly would not go to his kwoon for instruction. hehe he also, if you noticed any,,that he had to think a moment before he could quickly explain "beng chuan" hahaha. shows how much he really knows dont you think?
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Not necessarily...i think its actually a very complicated form- and that's just one aspect of it.

He He BB

Thumbs down

this guy critiques others??? sad, very sad.

MMA Challenges to Kung Fu

In the wake of Xu Xiaodong Challenges to Kung Fu, more similar challenges are happening and Kung Fu is not doing well. I've culled a few above from that Xu thread for a new thread: MMA Challenges to Kung Fu and posted this to Fake XingYi

Kung fu ‘master’ gouges Chinese kick-boxer’s eye in cheap shot after embarrassing beat down
    Glory Kick-boxing fighter Zhang Wensheng goes to shake Wu Liang’s hand after knocking him down three times in a matter of seconds
    But social media users call Xingyi practitioner a ‘disgrace’ and a ‘coward’ for his sucker punch after the fight had ended
    Nicolas Atkin
    Published: 2:00pm, 7 Jun, 2019

The kung fu ‘master’ gouges Zhang Wensheng’s eye when they go to shake hands. Photos: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

We’ve seen some of the traditional martial artists making excuses for their embarrassing defeats by Chinese MMA fighters. But a kung fu “master” has taken being a sore loser to new heights.
    Xingyi practitioner Wu Liang challenged MMA fighter Zhang Wensheng (46-6, 10 knockouts), who fights for Glory Kick-boxing – to a match-up at a gym in Shenzhen last month, footage of which has gone viral on Chinese social media.
    As you might have expected, Zhang knocked Wu down within seconds of the fight starting, landing a few punches before dropping him with a head kick. Wu came back for more and got dropped again with a right hand, then an uppercut sent him flying off his feet a third time.
    Wu sportingly went to shake Zhang’s hand, but in a move like something out of WWE, he sucker “punches” his opponent with an eye poke.

Another fighter, who acted as the referee for the fight, goes to push Wu out of the way – more for his own protection, as Zhang was pretty angry, as you might expect.
    In the end, Zhang decided not to bother further embarrassing Wu, and walked away.

Zhang Wensheng drops Wu Liang with an uppercut.

Zhang later posted pictures on social media showing the effects of the cowardly move, with his left eyelid swollen and a cut on the bridge of his nose.
    And fans on social media were left outraged by Wu’s actions.
    “Apparently ‘Chi’ is just short for ‘cheap shot’,” commented one user on YouTube channel Fight Commentary Breakdowns, which posted the video.

Wu Liang poses in his traditional martial arts clothing.

“What a disgrace,” wrote another user. “He can’t land a single punch during the fight because he doesn’t know how. So he sucker-punches the guy during the handshake. What a low-life coward.”
    “These traditional martial arts guys have zero honour or logic (especially now they are being exposed),” another user said. “Eye poke after the fight is over? I’ve always been disgusted with the arrogance of TMA, even when I was practising it.
    “Anyone who calls themselves a ‘master’ is just stroking their ego.”
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

this has been long overdue ; martial arts far too often develops in a reality vacuum , more than anything with regards to the claims people sometimes make about the subject matter

Wu Liang again

Some dudes just never learn.

Kung fu ‘master’ gets comeuppance from taekwondo fighter after sucker eye-poking Chinese kick-boxer
    Xingyi practitioner Wu Liang is smashed with kicks in one-sided bout
    He notoriously raked Zhang Wensheng’s eyes when going to shake hands after being obliterated by the Glory kick-boxer
    Nick Atkin
    Published: 3:04pm, 10 Oct, 2019

A taekwondo practitioner kicks kung fu master Wu Liang. Photo: YouTube/Fight Commentary Breakdowns

Remember the kung fu “master” who sucker eye-poked a Chinese kick-boxer a little while ago? Well, he’s back, and he received a delicious dose of comeuppance.
    Xingyi practitioner Wu Liang was soundly beaten by Glory fighter Zhang Wensheng after challenging him at his gym earlier this year, getting planted on his backside a few times before the referee mercifully stepped in.
    When they went to shake hands, Wu raked Zhang’s eyes and was luckily protected from receiving further punishment with others stepping in to stop the MMA fighter punching him.
    He probably should have stopped there, but it turns out Wu had another fight, this time against a taekwondo fighter at an event in June (which also featured a fake “pressure point master” getting a clearly staged win against a supposed Sanda fighter).

In a one-sided affair, Wu shows he has no idea how to check kicks, eating a few to his legs before the taekwondo fighter goes up high.
    It doesn’t last long, with Wu crumpling down to the canvas in the corner. The referee checks to see if he is fit to continue, but quickly waives it off.
    Hilariously, Wu had even tried a few eye-pokes on his opponent.
    “TKD [taekwondo] guy was lucky that chi-blasts are banned in that fight,” one commenter replied on the video, which was posted by YouTube channel Fight Commentary Breakdowns.
    “Kung fu guy did special death touch. TKD guy will die in 40 years after paying lots of taxes,” said another.
    THREADS
    MMA Challenges to Kung Fu
    Fake XingYi
    Tae Kwon Do
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart