Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Batman Begins

What the hell would Hong Kong have to do with Gotham? They were shooting in Chicago.

Gene:
    That report reminded me of one of the times I was in Hong Kong on a visa stamp trip from Taipei, and saw a movie being filmed right near the Star Ferry. It was a crime/action drama, and members of Jackie Chan's stunt team were there (they were identifiable by the logo on their shirts). It starred Danny Lee, and about 3 times he had to get pushed off a small motorboat into the water, and remain underwater for a few seconds. The setups in between took forever.

Right after shooting, I remember him making a beeline for some nearby showers. That was in 1990. Even then, i could only think, "Gross."

Sorry. Off-topic.

Heath Ledger as the Joker? I just can't see it.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

just because you can't see it

doesn't mean its not there

ok...
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

you said you can;t see heath ledger as joker right?

doesn't mean that he can;t pull off a good joker and it doesn't mean he's not(i'm not saying he can cause i'm with you on this one actually) anyway heres hoping

I guess he has the face for it, but like you I just have to hope he can pull it off. Batman Begins was cast well, so maybe he can do it, but I have serious doubts.

Johnny To vs. BAtman

It seems HK stars have issues with Hollywood, even in HK...

Hong Kong crazy for 'Batman'
    'Dark Knight' takes hold of city
    By VICCI HO
    HONG KONG -- Hong Kong has gone Bat-crazy.

Shooting began in the Asian city last week for "Batman: The Dark Knight," marking the first time the story takes place outside Gotham in the film franchise's history.

Hong Kong residents are completely under the Batman spell. Last week's noise complaints of low-flying helicopters doing aerial shots and environmental concerns over lights in buildings being kept on overnight for filming were quickly forgotten as hundreds of star-struck citizens surrounded the areas of the shoots and local news gave daily reports on its progress.

Not everyone is enthralled, however. Hong Kong helmer Johnnie To slammed the government over the weekend for its support of the "Batman" production, while little help is offered to local productions.

The government "can offer 100% support for them, but they can't even offer 1% to us locals," To said. "It's discrimination, because we Chinese are not worth as much cash to them."

A press conference for the film on Friday -- with producer Charles Roven; exec producer Kevin de la Noy; director Christopher Nolan; thesps Christian Bale and Morgan Freeman; Hong Kong commissioner for television and entertainment licensing Maisie Cheng; and Jack So, chairman of the Film Development Council -- was notable for how little was disclosed about the film. Reporters were also barred from asking any questions about the film. It instead served more as an example for government officials to highlight their support for film production in the territory.

"Over the past year, the government has been supporting and assisting the 'Batman' crew in the preparatory work for shooting in Hong Kong," Cheng said.

Philip Lee, whose production company October Pictures is handling the local shoot, told Daily Variety that the overall schedule for the shoot in Hong Kong is eight days, with the cast taking part in approximately three days of the shoot. Lee also said there is a possibility that part of the shoot will take place at the Macau Airport.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huh, I wonder how it is Batman makes his way to Hong Kong...

he's batman

he takes his bat jet obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    Heath Ledger as the Joker? I just can't see it.

I can easily see him as the Joker. Jack Nicholson was a scene stealer but, his Joker was still too old and too heavy. The Joker has NEVER been that size. Look at the books, not the Tim Burton movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Huh, I wonder how it is Batman makes his way to Hong Kong...
    Check the books. The Dark Knight Detective is KNOWN for globetrotting. Forget about the Adam West television show and the Tim Burton movies as well as the others that came later.

Batman Begins is the Batman that I waited over thirty years to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
    I can easily see him as the Joker. Jack Nicholson was a scene stealer but, his Joker was still too old and too heavy. The Joker has NEVER been that size. Look at the books, not the Tim Burton movies.
    So you think Heath Ledger will be good at being the Joker because you like his size?